Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Santa’s sleepover

We have enjoyed an exhausting couple of days here. Santa was lovely but the elves made the kids... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
stephaniewG102HY
via mobile
A good festive afternoon

Visited the Christmas Market and Lightopia event today. Only live 20 mins away. We had experienced... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Hannah Y
Derby, United Kingdom
via mobile

19,234 results
All reviews alton towers theme park cbeebies land fast track tickets big rides queue times sonic spinball runaway train log flume merlin passes free tickets end of the day longest queue popular rides thrill rides burger school holidays
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Terrible day! Went on Tuesday for opening time. An hour to get into car park, park, get monorail and enter the theme park. First ride, queued for over an hour for to be told, when at the front, that the ride is having technical difficulties, so went to the next one, Hex. Queued for half an hour, got in the ride, half way through, all lights came on and they also were experiencing technical difficulties. So, by midday, we'd been on 0 rides. Totally over priced dinner, at burger place, £36. Small ride queues were also ridiculous, some still averaging about 45 mins-an hour. Didn't even attempt most of the big rides we went for as the queue estimates were over 100mins and these times don't include the fast pass people that are let in (so more like a wait of over 2 hours per ride for normal customers). Ridiculous, extortionate and stressful.

4  Thank X5261SKjoanne
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We went to Alton towers and booked the 2 day park ticket and stayed over night in a little B&B in Alton. We decided as it was school holidays to pre book the silver fast track pass for all of us it wasn't cheap but worth every penny. We didn't wait more than 10 mins for all of the big rides. And only 20 mind for mine train. On the second day we got there at open time and got on to Wicker Man within 45 mins. Food through out the day was nice and staff were great. Being a Disney fan and missing it so much Alton towers was a great escape and theme park fix. Thanks to all the staff working do hard we will see you next year xx

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

What a waste of a day! I knew it would be busy with the school holidays, but with it being pre-booked tickets only and limited numbers I felt optimistic. It was a joke! Alton Towers management are clearly out to recoup lost revenue and squeezing as many as possible into the park.
When you’re paying £39 for a ticket to a venue you need to drive to, I don’t think it’s fair to charge £6 to park, to start with.
The queues were horrendous, the shortest was 60 mins, the longest we did was 2 hours 20 mins (the app said 75 mins so don’t believe the queue times it shows….).
I know the smaller rides in CBeebie land will be quicker to get on, but with 2 teenagers we came for the larger rides. In the 9 hours we we were there, we spent 8 hours 45 mins stood queuing and ONLY 15 minutes sat on rides IN TOTAL (not per ride). We managed 5 rides in 9 hours! £7.80 each per ride!
Alton Towers solution is to buy a fast track pass, the cheapest starting at £30 for bronze package. This covers just 1 turn on 4 rides, which would have made our rides £15.30 each!! If you’re flush, the top platinum package gives you unlimited fast track for a mere £105, but you still have to pay the entry fee and car parking fee. £582 for a family of 4!!!
If Disneyland can offer free fast pass tickets (where you return to the ride at a designated time) why can’t Alton Towers operate a similar system?
The paths we queued along were quite wide so a narrow bench to sit on and shuffle along would make the queuing more bearable. They can’t say it would give them an extra surface to clean as everyone was propping themselves up and leaning on the fences anyway!
Alton Towers Will no doubt blame extra cleaning/distancing as an excuse, but there was no social distancing (which isn’t law now anyway) and I didn’t see any extra cleaning.
The staff were all friendly and polite, it’s not their faults the management are cramming people in and ripping them off.
Several friends were planning trips here over the holidays but have now changed their minds.
I would advise anyone to avoid this place at all costs in the school holidays.

6  Thank Herbie93
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

We travelled 5 hours to the theme park on 28/07/07, my daughters birthday. We had booked 2 nights in a nearby hotel and the forecast for the day was terrible, we called to ask if we could change our tickets to the following day. We were told no as they are non transferable and non refundable.
We had no choice but to go the park as planned and hope the forecast was wrong, but it wasn’t. After getting on 1 ride everything was closed, there was horrendous downpours and thunder and lightning, I completely understand rides are closed for safety and I appreciate this but surely under these exceptional circumstances, customers should be entitled to a refund?
Unable to use the facilities and unable to change the entry date on the ticket. No flexability at all on the part of Alton towers.
After my complaint being initially ignored, I have since received several emails advising me the same information, that tickets are non refundable etc!!!! I can understand this is we were unable to attend for some other reason and the park was functioning as normal but to be in a park with not a single attraction open and still paying the full ticket price is ludicrous.

Date of experience: July 2021
4  Thank Michliam
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

Amazing I went there Tuesday and it was amazing and the que were short food and everything was amazing like it always is.