Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Alton Towers Theme Park
from US$47.55
More Info
19,018 results
All reviews alton towers theme park cbeebies land sky ride fast track tickets big rides runaway train queue times nemesis sub terra scare mazes end of the day log flume merlin passes free tickets popular rides longest queue thrill rides
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Great day out for my daughter's 8th birthday. She enjoyed cbeebies land and bits of other stuff. Tiring day for kids but really worth it for memories.

Couple of tips I wish I knew:

*We spoke to families the night before and traffic can be bad. We set off around 8.30 and was just getting busy but felt about right so good time to arrive I think.

*Disability parking - we really needed this for mum and we arrived early enough to get the best spot. When we returned to the car there was not s spot left anywhere.

*Guest services / mobility scooter - again desperate for this for my mum to independently enjoy the day, we were worried about getting one. Guest services is just located past the entrance so no need to go looking anywhere else or trek. Really helpful and take the 25 deposit and charge 25.

1  Thank kamerona690
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Went here on a Friday and agree with lots of the comments. Took an hour to get into the park, when inside the queue time was 70mins at least for all the big rides. Took my daughter to CBeebies land which she loved, sadly again too many people and the ride time 40minutes plus, one broke down after waiting 30 minutes.
I will say the staff were fantastic, making and real fuss as it was my daughters birthday - thank you.
All in all I’d say you need 2 days here, a lot of money and patience.

1  Thank victorialF5882YK
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

You spend 90% of the time waiting in queues, rides keep braking down and the worst thing is that the park is open from 10 am to 19pm and believe me 9 hours is not enough to complete 10 rides, the park is well over the capacity just not fair on customers.

3  Thank giboia27
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Did a hotel break at hilton garden and 2 days at alton towers and waterpark, theme park was very good, kids went on numerous rides over the 2 days, both had ride access passes so didnt have to queue much, 2 nd day went to the rollercoaster restaurant which was fun, bit pricy at 50 pounds for the 3 of us but food was nice and good service, was a bit disappointed with the waterpark, there were no proper signs for the water rides that I could see and people seemed to be queing aimlessly all around, however we had a good time overall and we got in really quickly both days as opposed to other trips to Thorpe park and chessington

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Mostly good, long queue for gangsta granny, ride is too short and lacks special effects. More single rider queues needed for bigger rides to help parents with young children get on more rides. Congo River rapids are a joke, you don't get wet, water falls near the end were either turned off or not working.

1  Thank TrailBlazer776752