Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Alton Towers Theme Park
from US$47.55
More Info
19,018 results
All reviews alton towers theme park cbeebies land sky ride fast track tickets big rides runaway train queue times nemesis sub terra scare mazes end of the day log flume merlin passes free tickets popular rides longest queue thrill rides
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Myself and hubby used to visit regularly prior to having our little boy.
Haven’t been since we had him and decided to bring him for his 3rd birthday.
Visiting the park for us without doing the big rides was actually a nice experience.
No running round crazy to beat the queues etc.
We had a lovely day with our little boy, didn’t get much done with a toddler as to be expected. But what little bits we did do we enjoyed.
Just a few niggles for us though.
The queue to get just in the car park was crazy.
Never once have we queued like we did today to get in. It took at least another half an hour to get in the car park and parked up.
A lady was directing everyone to walk to the entrance as she said the monorail was very busy.
Having driven for nearly 2 hours and being 7 months pregnant I was bursting for the toilet and asked her would I be best going to the toilets near the monorail first then walking to the entrance and she said no it’s only a five minute walk to the entrance.
Wrong…. It took us just over 20 minutes to get to the toilets at the entrance. By which point I was in pain and then had to queue for the toilets as they was so busy.
Maybe adding some additional toilets over that way would be helpful. Most people travel a long distance and will always need the toilet soon as they arrive. We was parked in car park B so very close to the first toilets.
The monorails would be great if some trains had windows to see through. Little boy was gutted he couldn’t see out.
CBeebies land looked fab. It was the first time we’d ever been in that area. However we didn’t see much. Our toddler doesn’t do well at all with queuing up and most of the rides in there had a minimum queue time of 60/70 minutes, I know that’s not Alton towers problem but with them supposedly letting reduced capacity in I didn’t expect the times to be that long. Shame they can’t do some sort of digital queuing in those situations, every queue we tried to get in my little boy walked out of because he got bored.
It’s all a little over priced once in there which is to be expected I suppose, so we can’t comment on food/drinks as we took all our own stuff.

Finally one thing that did impress me was when I booked our tickets online. It was only when going through my emails a week later that I realised I had messed up and booked the wrong date. It was a birthday treat for our toddler and for some reason I’d booked for the wrong date.
I contacted via Facebook and within an hour it was all re arranged for the correct date with no issues whatsoever.
I was so happy with that as the tickets wasn’t cheap and
I was ready for being told that there was nothing that could be done.
Having recently done the exact same thing ( blaming baby brain ) at another theme park, and they wouldn’t assist at all and said it was my own fault so I had to basically throw £100 away, so super happy with Alton towers response in that situation.

We will return but will probably wait now until our toddler is older and understands having to queue up and wait

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Was an amazing day, kids happy, parents happy. Only downside is we waited over an hour for food in the adventure cave and the toilets could of been cleaned more as it stank of urine!! Other than this we had an amazing family day. Staff were more than happy to help even though they were clearly under pressure and under staffed in the food areas. It is more a family experience and not an adult only. A bit of a wait to get a rubber ring for one of the big slides but as it’s the main attraction for older ones it was to be expected. All in all a good day.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

We visited Alton Towers with our two pre-teen boys and had a great time.
We split the visit over two days, staying at the Alton Towers Hotel for 1 night - I wouldn’t recommend staying there.
The theme park is such good fun. There are so many rides and things to do…

Watch outs
- signage is rubbish - it’s hard to navigate around the site
- if you want to make the most of your visit, it’s worth pre purchasing the fast track passes. You can buy them on the day, however availability is limited.
- the food is poor

Highlight
- a great variety of times des for all ages and nerves

A great family day out!!

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Had great day but just one suggestion …after a long journey and then queue in vehicles to get into park I think it would be a good idea to have toilets in the car park area as it was a long walk to get to the entrance and a desperate run to the ladies!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

What is going on! The retro rides were fairground rides tarted up and hurt when you ride them. Felt packed but still had a pretty ok day.
It was much better a few years back