2,624 results
All reviewsbreakfast and lunchevening mealstately homeluxury rooman overnight staysteam roomrelaxing breakroyal suitesecret escapesfull body massagebirthday treatafternoon teabeautiful buildingthree course mealfood was lovelybuffet stylelong gallery
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Visited for the day with my cousin.Total cost 130 pounds each! So very poor that on arrival you get half a cup of grapefruit juice and have to pay over 3 pounds for a coffee after a 2.5 hour drive. Facilities good and treatment excellent but lack of attention to detail lets it down - as above drinks expensive, no maps, no clear explanation of classes etc on offer. Lunch was good but would not expect processed meats at this price!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I check in late at the hotel 9.30 pm, food limited though very nice.
On retiring to my room and preparing to get ready for sleep, I noticed a clump of hair on the wall above the bath and a split along the side of the bath where one would step out - as it was late by now I decided I'd mention it in the morning.
Reception took it very seriously and sent the head housekeeper to see it, she agreed it wasn't the kind of thing you expect to see in a cleaned bathroom.
The hotel did sort the hair out but not the side of the bath. At no time was I offered another room, but perhaps the hotel was full.
Later that day they did leave a gift to say sorry - it was a mars bar,snickers bar, 3 X chocolate coins and a packet of popcorn and a note apologising - just thought for a spa hotel all the chocolate may not be the expected. But as the saying goes " never look a gift horse in the mouth".
The other parts of the stay were very good hence the rating. I would recommend Sally Bee's for food - excellent food and service too.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Ignore all negative trip advisor reviews. I booked a 3 day stay for 6 of us. Read the previous trip adviser reviews 4 days before our stay & would not have booked it if I had read them before booking. We were prepared to make the best of it and we did not have to. Everything was just wonderful. I have been to hoar cross hall 4 times before. The first about 20 years ago & the last time was in 2002. The additional pool & facilities surrounding it (jacuzzi, steam room , sauna, massage jets, hot & cold showers, plunge pool, changing rooms, etc.) are fabulous. In just 3 packed days we did not have time to sample all the spa treatments & outdoor activities. But have come home dreaming of next visit.
The refurbishments are continuing but hardly affected us. Everything that has already been done is of a high standard. The food is excellent the waiters & bar staff are excellent. As are all of the staff in the spa, activities, housekeeping, etc. If I have left anyone out may I just now say thank you to all of the staff, the management & the owners (who I understand still visit the establishment at least 3 times per week) for a truly enjoyable & relaxing experience. ⛱

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleen F
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed last weekend on a girls night in break we upgraded to the suit the total package for spa treatment and evening meal breakfast and lunch the following day was over 250 pp. ok the arrival was great the building is amazing on the outside warm welcome from reception! We were explained the package then the choice to pick 2 DVDs from a box, nothing up to date but some romantic classics in there dirty dancing note book ect, we went to our room to change to use the spa, to say we upgraded to a suite I was disappointed the furniture was dated and the bathroom was awful a tap attached shower that on a old corner spa bath was impossible to use! The snacks you get for your DVDs night was walkers crisp and mars bar you would think a hotel of this standard would do more! the onesies and champagne were great! Everything was tired and dated I have visited Eden hall many times the spa facility's at hoarcross are slightly better but Eden has a better quality of food and service, you feel your in a spa with staff helpful and friendly and food is at a higher standard
the facial I had was perfect and the highlight of the weekend!
the food was average not really any choice but I understand why the hotel has to do it but the standard was poor everything felt warmed up and nothing tasted fresh service very slow, the spa was nice again they are doing improvements so the new part is fab and the old part is drab!
For my first ever visit I would say it's very below standard and dated for what they could achieve its sad there is no care or attention to detail corners are cut and you can see that all over the hotel. I would return to the spa has a day visitor but would not stay at the hotel again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank rebecca s
Hoar Cross Hall S, Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Dear Rebecca S,

Thank you for your comments from your recent visit. You touched on some fab parts as well as drab. Hoar Cross is going through a huge investment program at the moment, you can see the difference in the Spa and Gym already. We have a new restaurant upstairs and we are about to look at the breakfast room and start a bedroom refurbishment in the new year. I have a new operational team who will take on board your comments to rectify them for the future.

I do hope once you see the improvements coming soon that you will return.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

One speaks as one finds but our experience of Hoar Cross Hall did not fit in with the previous uncomplimentary reviews. We went with trepidation because of these reviews - even though four of our party of six friends had stayed before many years ago and really enjoyed it. The hotel, staff, grounds, food - all were amazing! Here and there, as in any old building, a little renovation work was required but it is a large, old building and they are improving things all the time. Our room was large and pleasant with lovely views. One minor issue was that, being short, I could not see myself in the mirror in the bathroom but I am sure when the bathroom is refurbished that issue will be addressed. All the staff were pleasant and helpful and made us feel pampered. The buffet breakfast was good, the lunch extremely good and the dinner gourmet. The spa was really relaxing - I particularly liked the Salt Steam room with a cold shower afterwards (never thought I would say I liked a cold shower!!). A beautiful place which delivered just the relaxing break we all needed!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Gail B,

Thank you for your comments. It is a very exciting time at the moment with so many changes and improvements. I will take note of the height of the mirrors when we start the bedroom refurbishment. Great to see you had an amazing time.