2,707 results
All reviews evening meal stately home relaxing break luxury room an overnight stay secret escapes steam room full body massage birthday treat royal suite afternoon tea three course meal beautiful building food was lovely plunge pool buffet style long gallery
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Well this is my first review on Tripadvisor. With the pressures of our two sons taking their GCSEs and A levels respectively myself and the wife decided to "escape" for one night to Hoar Cross Hall to recharge the batteries,ready for the final leg of revision. I did question the value of this one night break but we weren't disappointed !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely time recently at Hoar Cross Hall. We stayed overnight and had treatments and evening
meal.
We noticed a dramatic improvement in the decor and facilities.
Lovely evening meal serviced by attentive staff.
Cant wait to go again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank robinelshout
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I have over the years visited hoar cross hotel & spar but after reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried I had booked a special 3 day package for myself my daughter and granddaughter as it was their special birthdays. But I can say with hand on heart I had nothing to worry about it was just fabulous. Our room which was huge with two rooms together with a passage between with two bathrooms and looking out over the gardens was first class. Food was excellent and all the dear facilities was top notch. The renovations have certainly bought it up to 5 star rated and will certainly take my husband to visit very soon.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank northumbrian2015
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Firstly the positives............ friendly welcome, quality robes and towels, excellent choice of water therapies. calm relaxing atmosphere. Then there was lunch.............. and the relaxing spa day was no more. We went into lunch at two. The self service starter was fine,( even though the salad leaves were beginning to wilt) I ordered the pasta which was good, thin, well filled and a flavoursome sauce. However my partner's lunch was inedible. Baked gammon, roast vegetables. The meat was tough and very salty and he couldn't get a knife into the roast potatoes! I think the meal had been in the oven since the first service............. 12 o'clock?? a complaint to the young waitress was not addressed by senior staff........ "chef sends apologies"....... was not the professional way to handle the disappointing situation. I also noticed lack of staff training, the young waitress was laying up tables and handled the cutlery by the bowl, tines, and blades, not the handles.............. hardly hygienic.
We left soon after, the day spoiled. On leaving we mentioned to the receptionist our poor experience in the dining room. She took our details and said she would "look into it" That was over a week ago............ nothing!

Room Tip: Eat early if you want fresh food.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexandra4466
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend stopped on the girls night in package with this you get 25 min massage each, 3 course dinner, breakfast, 3 course lunch and can use the spa until 8pm the following day. It also included champagne on arrival, snacks and DVD and onesie in the room. On arrival there wasn't a bottle or snacks in the room however the butler sorted this out straight away for us. Our room 315 was a lovely twin room with a balcony that has nice chairs and table to sit on. I was amazed by the spa facilities! So many different things to do rather than the usual pool and sauna. The food was absolutely stunning. Thank you to all staff for being so great and making my 21st birthday the best!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends