Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Hotels.com
3,858 results
All reviews evening meal stately home luxury room full body massage an overnight stay steam room relaxing break royal suite birthday treat afternoon tea three course meal beautiful building food was lovely buffet style snooze room long gallery water beds
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Locations is beautiful especially as we had no phone signal so we could actually enjoy our first anniversary without any distractions.

There was a lot more people using the spa facilities than we had anticipated and a little overwhelming post COVID rule relaxation.

Room was a beautiful suite with private hottub although the room could have benefited from a little more attention to detail when cleaned.

Our bed was extremely uncomfortable to the point at 15 weeks pregnant I still only managed 4 hours sleep and decided at 6:30am to go for a swim and a nap in the snooze room pre-breakfast

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved our stay, we felt very looked after and safe (in a covid world is important)
Beautiful gardens to walk around.
Friendly staff (barring 1 which was abrupt and unhelpful but there's always 1)
Excellent spa
Delicious food and drink.
Room 216 is right above the generator and bins so quite noisy all night so I would avoid this room for that reason, but inside is beautiful decor.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very well maintained hotel and spa. The gardens were really nice to walk around after dinner. All of the staff were friendly, smiley and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable and a decent size.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We genuinely were excited about our stay at Hoar Cross Hall. Alas, our excitement was misplaced.

Our room is tiny, with no climate controls so it's hotter than a snake's arse in here. We've got the window open, but that just subjects us to the incessant whirring of an
industrial air conditioner. The internet isn't fast enough to watch a youtube video let alone a film.

The bathroom is comically small, and shower is _almost_ big enough for me to turn around in. Almost.

The food was decent but not amazing. Our dining room was in an adjunct to the main hall, and our room was FAR too bright for evening dining. I felt like I was about to get interrogated. The service was friendly but slow...glacially so at points.

I normally wouldn't complain like this; especially if paying cheap and cheerful rates. Alas, this experience was NOT cheap, and so far very uncheerful. I would expect a lot more when paying £400 + for a one-night stay...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My Husband and I have just returned from a one night spa break and we did have a lovely time, but..

We rarely splash out on ourselves but decided to treat ourselves to something luxury for a change. Hoar Cross Hall is stunning as soon as you enter the carpark, the staff were friendly on reception and we loved our room, it was big and very clean. We did notice that there was a used bottle of shampoo and a soap bar from the previous people and a clump of hair stuck in the hairdryer filter though which was a little disappointing. We really enjoyed the spa, the pools and steam rooms were lovely, you couldn't get a bed though, there are signs telling people not to reserve the beds but of course no one listens to that rule. We had a late dinner reservation so we decided to have a drink in the bar beforehand, we sat down and a waiter came over for our order, we then had to wait 35 minutes for the drinks to arrive which was also disappointing. We then queued up to go into dinner, the food was really delicious and the service was still a bit slow but not too bad. We would like to mention the waitress Sophie, she was really lovely and very attentive, often popping over to apologise for the wait and even went to the bar herself to get my Husband a drink so we didn't have to wait so long for it. I also had a lovely head massage and blowdry in the hair salon which I loved.

Overall, we did enjoy ourselves but felt the service in all the bars/restaurants really wasn't good enough. Our expectations definitely were not met unfortunately and I don't think we would be willing to pay that amount again for poor service.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple