“Oh dear and it's nothing to do with the Chase”
Review of Travelodge Rugeley

Travelodge Rugeley
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rugeley
Reviewed 19 March 2017

This building is really in chronic need of a refurbishment. Poor patch up, and tired furnishings make the room feel bleak. A plastic chair, worn out Formica just didn't justify the price, I struggle to find half the price even acceptable. The room smelt of body odour or was it the detergent that was mopped around the floors with a mop that needed incinerating?? Reception team were welcoming and helpful on the whole. The bed was comfortable and the room warm. Come on Travel Lodge get your act together Premier Inn is charging a similar rate and it is twice the standards of Travel Lodge. If it wasn't for the fact we were visiting family in hospital we would have deferred our visit. Disappointed that the floors allowed the noisey elephant of a child (well it sounded like it) in the room above to wake us up at 6.30am on a Sunday morning, reception's response, we will log it on the system!! No need not looking for a discount or a free stay. Only marginally better than the Cedar Tree Hotel

Room Tip: I would say go upstairs if to avoid noises from kids running up and down the room in the early hours...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Rugeley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Your feedback is very important to us and thank you for submitting your review. We strive to offer our guests a good night’s sleep and an enjoyable experience whilst staying with us. That is why we are sorry to hear that you were not positively impressed by your last stay in our Rugeley hotel due to the condition of your room and the noise you experienced during your time with us. We will make the most of your comments to continue improving the service we offer. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Situated on the very edge of town is was surprisingly quiet . The room was clean functional, bedding /bed/pillows very clean and good. As with all rooms they could do with a decent comfy chair not the plastic type which are best suited to the garden, Road entrance sign lost and unclear with a host of others leaving you little time to proceed in a car as it is based on a busy corner.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I have never written a Trip Advisor before but after my stay at " Faulty towers" i thought I had to warn others before wasting their money.,
I arrived last weekend for a nights stay to be greeted by a small car park with lots of teenagers hanging around, obviously that didn't make me feel safe about leaving my car there but off I proceeded to the reception area. I walked past a lady sat outside smoking and talking quite loudly on her phone and presumed it was a guest staying at the hotel but NO this turned out to be the receptionist! She followed me into reception stinking of smoke asked my name and handed me a key. They was no small chat, I was just made to feel that I had interrupted her conversation!
I proceeded to my cell for the night. It was dull and smelt like something had died and rotted in there. I went into the bathroom and was greeted by pubes in the bath and the toilet had marks left by the previous guest in it! Luckily i was going out to meet friends for the night so escaped a night stuck in that cesspit! Thankfully I was slightly intoxicated by the time I arrived back and went straight to sleep.
As soon as I woke in the morning I just wanted out of that place so I left. I didn't even shower as I was that disgusted with the cleanliness of the bathroom.
I left about 9am and was hoping to have a word with the manager but was greeted with another member of staff behind the reception with her head down Texting on her phone, she did not even look up! Does Travelodge teach their employees Customer Service?
I will never stay at Travelodge again. I understand it is a budget hotel but Customer service should be a priority!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are really sorry to hear that you had many issues during your stay with us. We strive to offer the best service possible for our guests so please accept our apologies that we did not succeed in doing so on this occasion. We have passed on your feedback to the hotel and we thank you again for your review. As your stay was not up to our usual high standards, may we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form to look into this more thoroughly.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We had 2 very stressful meetings and stayed 2 nights at Travelodge Rugeley. We were checked in by the lovely Laura efficient, friendly and a joy to meet. The hotel was fresh smelling and clean. The next morning we met the lovely friendly Kelly who also was a joy to meet. Great cleaners as our room was spotless and overlooking a park with a pond and ducks so so relaxing these girls are a credit to Travelodge. Would highly recommend and will definitely stay again. These girls have turned the hotel around in the last few weeks to a little gem to stay in. Well done keep up the good work. Gordon and Zoe.

Room Tip: Facing the park with pond and ducks lovely wake up call
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gordon S
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Stained bed sheet's. Shoddy appearance everywhere ..very depressing room, towels at the bottom of the stairs..OK for working men..but not for a romantic stay away ..very basic unloved atmosphere..cold uninviting

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Rugeley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience, in such instances we would suggest to let our reception team know so that they can reallocate your room or resolve the issues you have. In any case we would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience and apologise for your last stay with us and we hope to be able to have the opportunity to regain your trust in Travelodge. Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugeley
0.8 km away
15.7 km away
Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound
Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound
#7 of 11 in Burton upon Trent

Been to Travelodge Rugeley? Share your experiences!