All reviews aston marina sunday lunch pool and sauna leisure facilities black pudding bar menu the ground floor afternoon tea breakfast was excellent friendly hotel an evening meal a lovely stay alton towers town centre full english good nights sleep wedding
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We booked 3 doubles and paid extra for garden rooms as a treat as attending a friends wedding. We were so disappointed the grass was long n unkept in the garden and despite being in the middle of the longest heatwave they still hadn’t wiped over the garden furniture so you could use it, it was full of cobwebs n dirt. The patio doors were rotten and no opening windows in 30 degree heat and we couldn’t leave the patio doors open all night. Bathroom was nice, looked like it had been upgraded but the sink tap only produced hot water so had to brush teeth in hot water!!!
Breakfast as per other reviews was uninteresting and cold and not very fresh. I would not stop here again because paid extra for a treat but definitely didn’t get a treat

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen P
GM333, Guest Relations Manager at Stone House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us here at the Stone House Hotel. If you would like to contact the hotel on 01785 815531 or generalmanager@lehost-stonehouse.com and we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights Thursday to Monday 2nd July, having stayed here some six times in the past three years I have to say the Hotel is going downhill at a rate of knots. If your lucky enough to get a room in the new block fine however my last to visits we were put in the old part of the hotel in a tired grubby room overlooking the unkempt garden. No opening windows for ventilation just a rather rotten patio door with milky glass so you couldn’t really see out.(pictures attached).
The buffet breakfast was farcical, on Saturday the choice remains when we went to eat was baked beans, hash browns a small amount of cold scrambled egg and one remaining sausage!
After fifteen minutes a small supply of bacon and sausage did arrive, but not very impressive.
We used the bar menus most days which was acceptable but not inspiring.
Most of the staff were fine, the exception being at check out, slow and miserable.
We certainly will not use this place again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at this hotel on numerous times I was disappointed with the prices to start with. Seemingly this hotel has changed hands but nothing as I could see was any upgrade to rooms. Ours was supposed to be a superior twin and having had to pay for the word “superior “ part of the room, found the shower did not work as there was a split in the hose and the toilet seat “floated” very insecure. The window wouldn’t close and has been like that for as long as I can remember. I am sorry but will not be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anthony W
GM333, Guest Relations Manager at Stone House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Stone House Hotel.

I can confirm that we haven't changed hands and prices do vary depending on room type and availability at the time of booking. We also offer different packages which can also reflect on prices depending on your requirements.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were on our way back from Cornwall and made an advance booking to stay. My husband had not realised that to reach our room it was like rambling up and down the corridors up steps and down to reach the back e d of the hotel. I’m disabled and struggle with my head so it was just to much for me. If we weee staying more than 1 night I’d have asked to move.
We were both so tired we decided to eat in the hotel. Deciding on a bar meal. Disappointed to find that having a bar meal was not sat a a table but in armchairs leaning over coffee tables was not ideal. Trying to sit comfortable whilst eating was difficult and not ideal. The selection of food was reasonable but limited.
After our meal we went back to the room and settles down for the night. The rooms were very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep.

Very satisfying breakfast shame the only eggs on offer were scrambled eggs. Something seemed to be wrong with the fruit salad it was. Dry fizzy on the tongue. All in all it was lovely.

The hotel is staffed by some genuinely lovely people. You can see how hard they are working to ensure there guests enjoy their stay.

Overall I can’t make out if the furnishings are on there way in or out? I’d suggest if they are coming in they need cleaning. Please re think your bar area for tables and chairs not chairs and coffee tables. Maybe a little more advise on the hotel layout to many stairs and long corridors not ideal for the disabled. If I’d have known I would have asked for another room. It was lovely stay but needs some improvement. Not sure if it would be on my list to re-visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine N

As a traditional country house hotel some of the rooms are located in the original part of the building but we do have accessible rooms and ground floor rooms if required we can allocate them for guests.

Our bar tables are low but we are happy for guests to choose from the bar menu and dine in our restaurant.

We have a great team that are happy to make sure all our guest have a lovey stay and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I visited this hotel twice for business. First time was ok, but the second time was very disappointing. I will most likely never come back.

Pros:
- The dinner. The dinner in general was quite good. The meals were tasty and the price was reasonable.
- The bar. It looks quite classy and elegant and it's a nice place to enjoy a beer after work.

Cons:
- The room. If you are lucky to get a room in one of the new buildings, then it shouldn't be that bad. The room was big, with a big TV, but the bed wasn't very comfortable.
However, if you are unlucky and get a room in the old building, then the room is pretty small and claustrophobic (although the bed was more comfortable that on the bigger room).
- The sound isolation. If you are in the old building then you can hear every single step of your neighbors. It is very very bad! In the new building, things are slightly better, but still you can hear sounds from the corridor.
- The breakfast. There aren't many choices for breakfast other than eggs, some sausages and bread. The quality of the food is ok, but it could be better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank RaduCantor

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us here at the Stone House Hotel.

As a traditional country house hotel we offer several room types from cosy double rooms, classic and superior doubles and we now have our lovely new suites available. Prices do vary depending of availability on the time of booking and which room type and package chosen.

We also offer a great range for breakfast from continental to full cooked to order along with smoked Haddock.

I hope that next time you are in the area you revisit the hotel.

Kind regards