“Good 3 course early bird”
Review of Granvilles

Granvilles
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Stone
Price range: US$16 - US$41
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Enjoyed the early bird menu. Choice of 2 or 3 courses. Fab chips. Mash was lumpy. Overall lovely meal.

GRANVILLES, Owner at Granvilles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We have just launched our new Spring early bird which we do hope you will come and try.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming to granvilles for years & always have a great experience! Lovely staff, great food & drinks and the best live music around!

1  Thank Vicky K
GRANVILLES, Owner at Granvilles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you very much for such a nice review it means a lot to all the team at Granvilles.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I was invited to have dinner here with work friends, I have only ever been in for drinks in the past as part of nights out so was excited to try the food. I had fillet steak which was delicious as did one of my friends, the others had fish and chips. All the main dishes were lovely and tasted good. It was when we came to desserts I was appalled! It was apparent it was getting busier with drinkers at this point however once 10pm hit all the service disappeared. The desserts we ordered were burnt and not eaten. The cocktails we also ordered weren’t great, our one friend can not have mint and we did tell the waitress but when it came it was obvious it had a mint taste. We asked if we could speak to someone- an older lady came over and told my friend ‘it’s not burnt and the spirits are mint flavour’ we were all shocked with how it was handled. She then turned her back the the rest of us and continued to ‘tell off’ our friend and accuse her of lying.. at this point I stepped in and told the lady that this was shocking and I personally thought it was the rudest I’ve ever been spoken to when dining out. She wasn’t too fussed and walked off. I sincerely hope she isn’t the manager because if so it was the worst handling of complaints I’ve ever witnessed. Feeling uncomfortable we asked for the bill from a young waitress. We were charged for the items we sent back and didn’t consume apart from one pudding which wasn’t even the worst one! The staff never came back after this point keeping the change and obviously assuming their service was good enough for a tip? so we chose the leave and go across the road to a different cocktail bar. All in all a shocking experience and our friend went home quiet upset to be spoken to in such a manner. Your food may of been nice but when the service is that shocking and rude we would not chose to dine over the other stone restaurants who can handle customers feedback and questions in a professional manner. I’m never sure when aggression is an appropriate tactic to handle complaints..

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GRANVILLES, Owner at Granvilles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

You have already e-mailed me directly and as I said in my reply, all your comments would be discussed with the staff concerned to try to establish why you and your table had such a disappointing evening. We take any complaints very seriously.
It was a very busy night and I know we had a lot of happy customers and plenty of compliments .
We are just sorry that you seemed to have had such a disappointing experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

A quick couple of drinks pre dinner at Little Seeds with some good friends, friendly atmosphere and great staff

GRANVILLES, Owner at Granvilles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Many thanks for your very kind revue.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

A really good meal. Steaks were perfect and the sauces made a perfect combination of flavours

Desserts took a long time to come but were worth the wait

Brilliant series of Gin based cocktails at the bar

Recommended