“Great coffee - Great cakes”

AB's COFFEE & CAKES
Ranked #6 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Tamworth
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

As the title of this review says, this place is absolutely phenomenal, I've never had a bad experience and the staff are a friendly bunch too, always going out their way to be pleasant and nothing is too much hassle, one of the best cafe's in the town centre with the added bonus of being in the dead centre of Ankerside and easily accessible.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Lovely friendly staff so pleasant to just sit there and look out over the castle. Food good service good would definitely recommend

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Walking through Ankerside with my good lady wife both of us were in total agreement we needed sustenance. We both settled on having a fry up and ordered it with 2 drinks. My 1st shock was for using the card there's a 50p surcharge which I thought had become extinct with the dinosaurs. However waiting for our drinks wasn't a long wait and me and my wife started chatting. Shortly afterwards we was called to say our breakfast was ready. My negative point about the breakfast is that the presentation of the food was that it looked atrocious but as my title said "never judge a book by its cover " and my positive point is that the breakfast was an absolute taste explosion of all the ingredients. The bacon I loved., the beans were warm and tasted like beans should be and finally the toast was cooked exactly how I like my toast cooked. Overall there's room for improvements and they need to get rid of the surcharge but while the food tastes good its a good starting base.

1  Thank stuart s
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Very poor breakfast with cheap ingredients which was served lukewarm. I've since found out that this place only scores 2 on the food hygiene rating. Not good, won't be returning.

2  Thank Neil T
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Ordered a breakfast and cheesy chips for my kids..the breakfast was revolting consisting of a "snotty" egg over done bacon nasty sausage and a cold pot of beans!! The kid's chips were also cold with what resembled rubber on top (supposed to be cheese!!) will defo not be going there again worst place I've ever eaten over priced too