“Great food and staff”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We visited here recently on a Friday night when visiting Tamworth to go to Drayton Manor we looked up on trip advisor for some restaurants which were close to our hotel and saw this restaurant which had good reviews and decided to give it a go. We phoned up and booked a table for 3. When we arrived we greeted by the waitress who showed us to our table and straightaway gave us our menus and took our drinks order. We had our 4 year old son with us and they gave him a chef's hat to colour which was good to keep him occupied. The waitress took our orders and interacted with our son and asked us for the reason for our visit as they could tell from our accent we weren't from the area and had a nice friendly chat. We received our starters in a timely fashion. Our son had the garlic pizza bread which was delicious, my partner had the mushrooms with the lemon which was very tasty and I had the mushrooms and bacon again very tasty. Our mains were great my fiancee had the chicken with red wine jus which was great and I ordered the portobello speciale pizza which was loaded with toppings and very good and our son had the spaghetti Bolognese which he devoured. We finished with a dessert, my son had ice cream and we shared a tiramisu which was very nice. I finished with the 12 year old whiskey which the owner took time to show me when I asked what brand it was and ended up having a good chat about London and Tamworth. All in all a very good restaurant with lovely food and staff. If we are ever up in the Tamworth area we will definitely return to this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank cbrown3101

Reviewed 12 August 2018

This a Italian restaurant a must visit if you ever get to Tamworth Staffordshire,excellent Italian cuisine as well as the English dishes ,friendly staff only to willing to help explain the dishes if have not eaten Italian.The service was first class for being full on a Friday night it was a good job my son booked well in advance .We had our granddaughter from Northern Ireland with us who is a bit funny with food as 10 year are, Mike the owner took time to explain what garlic pizza was she pizza before and we could not through to her what it was,all in all a great night out for our Ruby wedding anniversary thank you Aaron.

1  Thank roger20082013
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Visited recently with some friends after being recommended to come here. The menu is very extensive. We had a range of pizza and pasta between us. The overwhelming feeling was that the food was nice but nothing spectacular. The pizza in particular was if anything slightly undercooked, oily and had no real flavour. Bit of a disappointment. Service was okay, again nothing magical, but presentation was good. Possibly would give them another chance as I can see from other reviews it is popular.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This will be the third time of visiting this restaurant and definitely one of our favourites, we are in fact booking our Christmas team meal here.
Nothing is too much trouble and dishes can be adapted on request
Generous portions and good value for money, we never feel rushed and this place has a great atmostphere

1  Thank Sarah I
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Always had a great meal here. Good service, tasty dishes, good wine. Love the gummy bears with the bill!

1  Thank Maghi55