“Excellent, food, service and atmosphere! Would highly recommend.”
Review of The Charlwood

The Charlwood
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Charlwood
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Description: The Charlwood is a brand new refurbished independent Gastro Pub SERVING AMAZING FOOD & DRINK open from March 23rd 2018, located in the centre of Charlwood a beautiful Surrey village a few minutes drive from Gatwick Airport - Open rom breakfast through to dinner 7 days a week for food and drink. Run under award winning management serving amazing freshly prepared classically British food food.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We were a large group (+30), hosting a retirement dinner for one of our colleagues. As soon as people arrived, they were asked if they would like a drink and served straight away, allowing people to relax and chat before dinner. The owner Antony and his staff were superb, very attentive and welcoming. The atmosphere was warm, inviting and the food was superb. Everyone in the group rated the establishment and complimented everything about the evening. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank chrissie803

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Ate here a few weeks back after a recommendation, Love what they've done here, it's a really warm atmosphere and nice decor. Staff were really good and I love the little boxes of trivia questions on each table. i did eat and the food was good and fresh but other than what I chose I couldn't really see what else I'd order. Normally in a pub I struggle to choose from 4 or 5 choices but here I wasn't really enthralled by much. I'd eat here again but the menu doesn't have me racing back - I understand that this is my personal opinion so for others I'm sure you'll be fine. Everything else though is lovely.

1  Thank IS_Scotland
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening meal in this very pleasant pub.Food wonderful and all staff very friendly and attentive.
Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Harvey J
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My partner offered to buy me breakfast at The Charlwood as she had previously enjoyed a few drinks there one evening and had thoroughly enjoyed herself. Now, after visiting myself I can see why. The decor and layout of the restaurant and bar area is excellent, with framed maps of the locality on the walls along with various nicknacks placed here and there to add interest.
The menu itself offers a great range of meals and the cooked breakfasts offer free range eggs, back bacon, choice of teas or coffees etc, in fact it’s difficult to choose as they all sound delicious. Whilst sipping our choice of tea, we both opted for the Charlwood Breakfast which is their version of a Full English.
The eggs can be cooked to your liking so we chose fried and poached. After a short wait, our waitress, Carole, who was attentive but not overbearing, delivered our meals on warmed plates, with hot toast, butter and baked beans served on a wooden spatula. The breakfasts were delightful, plenty for 2 hungry stomachs and a real treat. We couldn’t find fault with anything.
If you want to treat yourself, a partner, or the whole family, you should make it your mission to find this place. I can guarantee that you won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank honestjohn046
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We visited The Charlwood today for breakfast off the back of a recommendation, and after our visit I was keen to leave a review so others could benefit.
We visited for breakfast. There was a good variety of options, and they even customised the menu for little ones. The food was of good quality and arrived timely at a good temperature. A little priced in comparison to other pubs that serve breakfast but the atmosphere more than makes up for it.
The pub itself is nicely maintained, and to a high standard. It has a nice outdoor area in the sun, only down side is it’s in the car park and there is no kids play area.
The staff were friendly and attentive.
The rest of the menu looked good too so we shall be back in the near future for lunch / dinner.

2  Thank Preciososenorita