1,326 results
All reviews garden room events manager afternoon tea lovely location overlooking the lake christmas lunch the main hotel sandwiches wedding reception bar area wedding venue stayed here for one night breakfast was excellent cooked breakfast full english mala refurbishment
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed here at as it was close to a wedding venue. Some staff were rude and just not welcoming.
The lady who checked us in seemed confused and flustered, she really did not make us feel like we should be there.
For breakfast, imagine the waiter putting the clean cutlery on a dirty table from the previous attendants, when we asked him to clean they table before laying clean tableware, he rudely replied that we should not have sat down (we were asked by the host to sit). We just left and checked out right away.
It was my birthday, so I upgraded to the room with the 'Private Patio', save your money, it's just that there are chairs and a table with a sort of balcony at the entrance of your room. Everyone walks past our Private Patio, you look on to the green area....and the pond is across the street....it's really really not as stated on the website.
It's located next to the parking lot, so if you get the room on the end as we did, you hear everyone coming and going and stopping to talk along the way.
For the price we paid, and the mention of 'Luxury' on the website, I would expect a turn down service. Not even that.
I could go on with lots of minor things, but I am willing to let those things slide.
Just don't go with great expectations and you will be fine.

Room tip: Don't stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheTiffyM
mala694, Manager at Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found your bedroom not to your taste. We receive many positive comments about Garden bedrooms, as can be seen from previous reviews, and we would never knowingly deceive any of our guests as private patio means it is not shared with other guests which it isn't. We could have easily changed the room to a Garden room further down if you had so requested as we have 12 identical Garden rooms.

We do receive many complimentary comments with regards to our staff and pride ourselves on a high level of customer care, so once again I am disappointed to read that you did not find this during your stay with us .

I do hope you will reconsider using us on a future occasion so we can have another opportunity to reinstate your faith in our beautiful hotel

Reviewed 10 September 2018

First impressions were favourable, a nice welcome at reception and the decor in the public areas were nice.
But the attention to detail lets it down - the restaurant could have been laid out better it looked like the tables and chairs were just plonked anywhere and the service was very slow.
Very disappointed with the breakfast - self service and rather cold, no one told us that there was an option to choose from the breakfast menu?
We had to go looking for someone to serve us at the bar every time we wanted a drink - again, service very slow.
On the up side the rooms were well appointed and decorated nicely - wonderful shower!
Would we return? Unfortunately not.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sue

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read your comments regarding our reception staff and it wonderful to read that you appreciated our decor and the rain shower which I have to agree is pretty amazing

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the lapse in service in the dining room which we are taking very seriously and we have a brand new breakfast set up which looks amazing

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful afternoon tea today, overlooking the pond.
The sandwiches were fresh, the cakes and scones were delicious.

I will definitely be going back and this time would like to visit the spa and have a treatment. They are also having an only fools and horses comedy event in November which looks like it could be fun?

Really relaxing environment

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

It is lovely to read what an enjoyable afternoon tea you experienced with us. It makes us proud to see you rated your visit so highly. Afternoon tea is so popular with so it is pleasing to see another satisfied customer.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with the TripAdvisor community.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 2 September 2018

My wife and I booked the hotel for its location and the fact it had a spa on site. We booked in for two nights and stayed in a garden suit. The suit was perfect, really quite and the balcony looking over the garden was perfect. The accommodation was very spacious decor was to a good standard and the bed was wow, best few nights sleep for ages and know feel I really need one at home. The bathroom had a very large walk in shower and water flow and temperature was perfect.

Room tip: If you are looking for some chill time and enjoy the views on offer then go for the garden suits.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this as a last minute retreat. We chose the hotel due to the fact that it has got a spa and beautiful surroundings.
Disappointingly, the hotel didn’t live up to the expectations. For a 4**** hotel you would of expected a better experience.
Food: First day dinner was alright, second day we went for curry and chose the spicy option, ended up with what you could call a lethal vindaloo. So bloody hot it was painful to eat! Breakfast one day was buffet (and missing some items from the full English menu) and second day was to order. Very confusing as both days fell on week day so gosh knows why we had the buffet the first day? Flies around the jams made us just eat what was under cover.
Spa: I think this was what really ruined it for us. I booked the spa experience on the second day at about 4.45pm, called reception to book it and all good, went down at 5.30ish and asked for directions to spa.... turned at spa door and it was closed. We went back to reception to then be told, by quite rude receptionist, that the spa had closed earlier that day (it’s meant to be opened until 8pm). She said “I can’t tell you why, it’s just shut”. No apologies... I was gobsmacked! I asked to make sure the spa wasn’t charged to the room and she said she would do that. To our surprise, the spa was still in our bill when we checked out
Room: spacious but too dark. Our room faced the main road and car park. Two phones? Both wireless.... weird! Specially since one takes all of the bed side table space entirely! The thing that really got me was the disgusting toilet brush which I guess has never been changed. Again, not the greatest for a 4**** hotel!!
Hotel in general: for a country house it lacks athmosphere. You get greeted by Willy Wonka’s chairs in reception? Two elephants at the entry.... then tries to go back into country feel with some posters in the room.... definitely not what we expected.
In general the staff were pleasant, other than the rude girl in reception.
For the price we paid, I wouldn’t recommend the stay. Plenty of exquisite places around the UK which leaves you with a great feeling.
The pond and walks were great though! But you can always use the free car parks for those!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple