“Exceptionally friendly and very tasty food.”

Chakra Kingston Riverside
Get food delivered
Price range: US$14 - US$63
Description: Chakra brings to you an exquisitely refined Indian dining experience and truly is a hidden gem in Kensington. We invite you to discover Chakra, a truly uplifting experience where exciting cuisine, stunning interiors and unsurpassed service intertwine to create a sense of abundance, wellbeing and pleasure. Our authentic Indian cuisine with a contemporary twist honours high-quality, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Menus are ever evolving and the offering includes innovative experiences including Indian brunch and afternoon tea. Developed by our highly talented team of chefs, our menu celebrates North Indian cuisine with Punjabi influences with a focus on dishes cooked in the tandoor as well as a cherry-picked selection of mouth-watering dishes from several other regions of the Indian sub-continent.
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

I was visiting my brother in Kingston and met up for the afternoon with a friend who had recently moved to London. It was cold, windy and wet but we found it very comfortable underneath a concrete canopy with heaters above and were sitting right on the waterfront.
There was plenty of choice on the menu and our food was flavoursome and cooked very nicely.
The waiter was incredibly friendly and good natured and put all 3 heaters on for us as it had turned so unusually cold for May.
We found it quite amusing at first when he came out with a blanket for each of us but it didn't take us long to use them!
We enjoyed our meal while looking at the river and enjoyed the friendly interesting conversation with the young waiter.
Highly recommended!! Thanks for great hospitality and excellent food !

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (346)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Booked at very short notice and was accommodated. Had to choose quickly as kitchen was due to close but we weren't disappointed.

The opportunity to have Indian or Chinese suited my wife and I perfectly as our tastes both differ.

I had the Delhi Butter Chicken and Mrs H had the Sweet and Sour chicken. Both meals were stunning, full of flavour and the chicken fell apart on both plates. Prawn crackers were cooked fresh and the garlic naan was also superb.

One slight knock was the 12.5% service charge which as good northern folk, took us back a little but it didn't detract from our experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2021

I came in April for the second time with my sister and took advantage of the bottomless brunch- which is such incredible value for money.

As it overlooks the river Thames, it's a beautiful place in a fab location.

This feels like Michelin star Indian food to me and I am forever telling people about my experience. Staff were so lovely and attentive on both occasions and Dev was really nice to speak to.

We walked past in May and got their yummy pistacio Kulfi icecream as on our previous trip, there was a long line for it.. it did not dissapoint and Dev remembered me from the April visit.

2 of my friend's have recently visited after seeing me rave about your hospitality and out of this world food (and they were extremely happy they came.)

Keep doing what you're doing and I hope to come back in June.

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Had an absolutely lovely evening! Food was incredible and service 10/10, all the staff were so nice and attentive, water glasses were never empty! Shared a few dishes between 3 of us which worked perfectly as we got to try lots of stuff, highly recommend doing this! For sure a hidden gem in kingston that I will be returning to.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Stay away from this restaurant. Very exorbitant price and unfriendly and rude staff especially front line managers. They make you feel as if they are doing some favour on you. No British local culture. Avoid this place.

2  Thank Anoop R