“Delicious Pad Thai”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We're very pleased to announce that a brand new Thai restuarant in Haywards Heath will be joining the popular Lemongrass restaurant chain. From February 2014, we will be serving authentic Thai cuisine that will make your mouth water!
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We've been here about 5 times, the food is really nice, but they are so efficient that sometimes you feel like your being rushed.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my partner and a couple of friends for the first time. The restaurant was small in size yet packed with tables, not to much room to yourself. The place lacked any atmosphere or character! Whether it was because it was raining or for some other reason the restaurant had a smell of what I could only explain as damp dog, it was unpleasant.

The service is poor and the waiting staff are rude, having read the last few reviews on here maybe they were just having a bad day?

We asked twice for tap water to be brought to the table and it seems they forgot, as the saying goes it was third time lucky, it arrived.

The waiter asking if we wanted prawn crackers was probably one of the rudest men I have ever come across pulling faces and raising his eyebrows at every word.

The food we ordered came fairly quickly for how busy it seemed, the orders were correct. That is where the praise ends.

The quality of the food in my opinion was cheap and bland. Portions were ok sizes. Halfway through our meals my friend was eating and about to cut into his sticky rice and found an unexpected and unwanted guest, a dark brown/black hair at least 4inches long within it. I know these things happen however for a hair of this size to embedded well within the rice this is totally unacceptable where is the hygiene within the kitchen?

The waitress was very quick in apologising and offered a free drink and to take my friends meal off of the bill.

Upon receiving the bill this came with 4 after8's the waiter stood over the table waiting for the payment. Because of what had happened we paid on the dot. We put the money down the waiter snatched it off of the table and my friend went to take an after8 and the waiter whipped the pot away and then laughed at him.

The rationale for the one star is the restaurant lacked any atmosphere, the food was bland, the staff were rude and the big hair found within our meal.

I'm sure there are better restaurants within Haywards Heath that offer a more friendly atmosphere and a better quality of food.

Lee

1  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We had a table for four on a Monday evening, I know Mondays aren't the most popular day to dine out but we were the ONLY table in the entire restaurant! Food was great, although not much meat in each curry, they were packed out with vegetables instead. I would eat there again, perhaps on a weekend for a better atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Reasonably priced and the Gaeng Penang is extremely good, the prawn toast have a thick layer of prawn, better than any I have ever had

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Visited on a Saturday night - had the set menu, great food, attentive service and a reasonable bill (£67 with wine). Will return.

Lemongrass W, Manager at Lemongrass, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

I hope that we can welcome you back into the restaurant again very soon.

Best regards