“Not Bad but Not Great”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Britannia Harvester in Lancing food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Lancing, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Sompting, Shoreham-by-Sea and Worthing, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited for an evening meal with the family recently - it was fairly busy but we'd pre-booked so no issues in getting a table.

The lady serving us was a little grumpy at first as she asked for our drinks order and we hadn't seen the drinks menu so didn't know what to order so she stomped off. I remember visiting here a few years ago and had an issue with the same lady which led me to complain to the manager at the time. Disappointing that she still finds the time to be rude / moody.

On to the meals - we ordered a rack of ribs, burger, fish and chips and a steak. The food took a while to be delivered but when it arrived was quite good. I enjoyed my ribs and the portion size on the fish was good as well.

The lady serving us had now cheered up and checked if our meal was ok and asked if wanted deserts which we opted against.

Food was good, service was ok and price wasn't bad.

General Manager A, Manager at The Britannia Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit but would love to chat to your about your service. If you have the time it would be great to chat to you and find out a little more. Please feel free to call me on 01903 750511. Many thanks again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good for a meal out with friends and family reasonably priced quick and easy friendly staff.
Enjoyed my meal will return.

General Manager A, Manager at The Britannia Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Kirstie, I am glad to hear that you had a good meal and service with us, I will pass you feedback onto the team. We aim to find the balance between quality food, service and speedy so I am glad we hit the mark. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you join us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here last weekend for a family breakfast. It was Father’s Day and we hadn’t booked so we were told it wasn’t busy and they might not have a table. Luckily they found one and we could enjoy our breakfast. We had cooked breakfasts and I had the pancakes with fruit which were nice. Good selection of juices and breakfast bar available. Friendly service, would come again.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. I am so you joined us for Fathers Day, that we were able to get you in and you had a good time. We look forward to joining us again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We dined here earlier today. Booked a table online which was already made up for us on arrival. Our waitress was speedy, got everything right and was lovely.
All our food was delicious and hot and the salad bar well stocked. Everywhere was beautifully clean and tidy.
I’ve not visited since the refit and new menu but we will be visiting more often.
5 stars all round.

1  Thank mmike110
General Manager A, Manager at The Britannia Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your recent visit with us and that you were happy with our food, service and cleanliness. I am glad to hear you will be joining us more regularly and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We all know the harvester isnt a michelin star restaurant but it does exactly what its suppose to. It delivers consistant nice food and nice service. Its a great family restaurant and as for the breakfast they are brilliant. Yeah sometimes you wait a little longer than normal sometimes your servers are busy but what do you expect for a fair priced restaurant. Relax and enjoy your food and drinks.

General Manager A, Manager at The Britannia Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Sammy, thank you for taking the time to review us and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. You have hit the nail on the head and your words are gratefully recieved. Good food, good service, reasonably priced. We hope to see you back here soon and thanks again.