“Another great evening at the boathouse”

The Boat House In The Marina
Ranked #15 of 97 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Everything about us is local, all of our food and supplies are from West Sussex, even our beer is brewed just for us locally. We offer an extensive breakfast choice, including vegetarian and gluten free and vegan options. Our lunches can range from a beer battered fish finger sandwich to Slow Roasted Pork Belly all at a very reasonable price. On a Friday and Saturday evening we offer a Tapas Menu with the choice of fine wines and beers Sundays we shall be having a BBQ in the summertime and live music. So pop along and say hello our coffees are amazing, our beer is cold, our cakes are delicious, our food is amazing and the crew are all smiles.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had another fabulous evening at the boathouse last weekend, great value food and attentive service in a lovely location.

2  Thank tigger47london
Julie F, Owner at The Boat House In The Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi tigger47london

Thank you for your review and kind words, we strive to make the Boathouse a lovely experience which in the main we do.

I hope to see you again for an evening of tapas, or maybe one of our tribute Sundays we have.
We also now have a quiz night on a Thursday once a month.
There’s always something going on so keep an eye on us and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As I said the chef was smoking and I don't appreciate being called a liar . Customers are always right and and the other customers comments are right as well . Please take note of that customers are always right when it comes to the restaurant trade as I was in the trade myself for 25yrs.

Julie F, Owner at The Boat House In The Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

What a bizarre review !!!

I think we will leave it there!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been told so many lovely things about Littlehampton Marina and today we finally got there. The boathouse is a nice building with modern decor but the food - oh dear! The lady at the till where you order was hardly listening to our order. I ordered Orange juice and she said "a coffee" then! I ordered a round of white toast, and got brown, a well done sausage, and got one that was hardly cooked, an orange juice with no ice, and got ice .. and there was only two of us so a very simple order. The food was very poor quality. Watery baked beans and tastless bread (like Lidl or Aldi), bubble and squeak portion was so small it could hide under the egg! I don't now what happened to the toast but it took ages to arrive and when it did, the two pieces were a funny shape and when put together they did not even make one slice! The toilets were dirty on the floor with a basket next to the toilet full to the brim with used screwed up pieces of old toilet paper (and this was the morning so they couldn't have emptied it from the day before! Eeeuuw!), and no toilet paper in one of the toilets. Best avoided in our view.

1  Thank Paul S

Hi Paul S

I won’t say thank you for your review as it seems you may have been in the wrong marina!!
Our facilities are cleaned and checked regularly and your food review is not viable with the food that left our kitchen today
Please pop over to LITTLEHAMPTON marina as there are 3 Boathouse restaurants in marinas and it seems you have confused us with another.
We have all sorts of wonderful things going on at our restaurant ... tribute acts, tapas, fine wines and our own beers brewed locally .
Just today we had a rat pack tribute singing while guests ate a sumptuous lunch, sadly we were fully booked today but please call or look at our website for upcoming events.
We look forward to meeting you

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for lunch with my family, lovely off-the-beaten-track location. Food and service excellent. Would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Never got to try this place, even though we have wanted to for ages. Turned up for coffee at 11.30, loads of empty tables and tables free outside, but before we even got to ask for what we wanted we were told that they were fully booked and all tables taken. As all we wanted were two coffees and would have been happy to have takeaways and to sit on the picnic tables over the path I just don’t think we fit their idea of a suitable customer. I was going to query it but felt a bit awkward. We probably won’t try again. Looked lovely though.

2  Thank Cathie S
Julie F, Owner at The Boat House In The Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Cathie S

I am sorry you felt you didn’t fit the bill at The BoatHouse but that wouldn’t be our intention at all!
As it was father’s day we were actually fully booked for breakfast and for lunch so it was a very busy day, we could have served you coffees so I am not sure what happened there ? I can only assume you read our signs saying sorry we are fully booked so I do apologise for your wasted journey on this occasion.
Please pop over again and we will welcome you with a delicious coffee and you can enjoy the surroundings.