South Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cisswood House(Lower Beeding)
1,733 results
All reviewscamellia restaurantsouth downspass restaurantjunior suiteafternoon teapillow menuspecial occasioncakebeautiful hotelfirst classsandwicheswalk in showertake homewine cellardrawing roomout of this worldhuge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just got back from South Lodge after having the most amazing afternoon tea. Everything from the professional staff to the scones to the free cake when we left... it was perfect.
The sandwiches, pastries, cakes and scones were so yummy.. me and my friends enjoyed it so much. Unlimited tea/coffee and refiles on sandwiches/scones. We certainly got our moneys worth.
The staff were great, didnt catch any names but they were all amazing.
We were sat on the sofas by the fire, on a cold snowy day like today it was a lovely atmosphere.
Will DEFINITELY be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Kerra B, Guest Relations Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

May I thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent visit to South Lodge. I am absolutely delighted to read that your Afternoon Tea was enjoyed by all and we very much look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We had looked at masses of hotels for my daughter’s wedding and they all had something wrong with them. Then we visited South Lodge and our minds were made up that this was the perfect venue. The staff were absolutely amazing and nothing was too much trouble. They didn’t bat an eyelid with the assortment of Vegans, Vegetarians, Dairy Free and Gluten intolerant guests and took everything in their stride. The wedding breakfast was superb. The only minor criticism I had was that we had lamb as the main course and mine was far too rare but everything else was superb. The Christmas decorations were spectacular which made the wedding photos very special. When going up to my room there were even gluten free chocolates given as a gift which was a lovely touch. The room was lovely and everyone commented about the amazing showers in all the rooms. I was very surprised how quiet it was at night and my husband and I got a very good night’s sleep. On sitting down for breakfast in the morning we were given a separate room where all the wedding guests that stayed the night could sit down together in comfort. We all had a wonderful day and everything was perfect thanks to the kindness and efficiency of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Kerra B, Guest Relations Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Sue,

May I thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review from your daughters Wedding held here at South Lodge. I am absolutely delighted to read that you and your guests had such a wonderful day and it was everything you wanted and more. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My husband and I dined in the Carmella restaurant and received wonderful food with great customer service and all in such a beautiful setting. I would highly recommend it. The afternoon tea is also a lovely treat, with delicious sandwiches and cakes

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Kerra B, Guest Relations Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Camellia Restaurant. I am absolutely delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay experience and truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Wonderful hotel, marvellous staff couldn't do enough for us. Made my birthday extra special.
Even supplied wellies for walking around the hotel grounds
The spa/swimming pool is still under construction so be aware of building noises etc during the week, although at the weekend it is quiet.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Pauline,

May I thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to South Lodge. I am absolutely delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and am thrilled that we played a helping hand in making your birthday extra special. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Superb afternoon tea today for my aunts 80th birthday. Staff were excellent from the minute we walked through the door. Drinks constantly being refilled without asking and refill of sandwiches too. Scones were very light and the most delicious sausage rolls... would have liked more of them. Wonderful location in the south downs with beautiful grounds. Can't wait to return maybe for a stay in the hotel next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Kerra B, Guest Relations Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear Denise,

May I thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to South Lodge. I am absolutely delighted to read that you all had such a wonderful Afternoon Tea with us and that we played a helping hand in making your Aunt's birthday extra special. We truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.