“Great place and outlook, poor service.”
Review of Conservation Hut

Conservation Hut
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Blue Mountains National Park with stunning views over the Jamison Valley. Open 7 days from 9am (10am on Public Holidays) for breakfast, lunch & light meals or snacks.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We had morning tea at the Conservation Hut, one of the best locations anywhere in a beautiful building with stunning views of the Blue Mountains.
Unfortunately the experience was spoilt by extremely poor service. Despite there being less than a dozen people there we were told where to sit, not taken, and then forgotten.
I had to go in to remind them we were there despite there being 3 wait staff on duty.
What we'd ordered was not available.
Surely such a beautiful location deserves far better management and diligent service!

2  Thank David R
K196, Owner at Conservation Hut, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Many thanks for your comments, I do apologise that your experience was marred by poor service on the day. We do take such feedback seriously & will ensure that measures are taken to make improvements.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I had a toasted Turkish New Yorker. It was very tasty. The Berry Bliss smoothie was refreshing and delicious. The view from the outside seating is beautiful. But the service was very slow. They require you to wait to be seated and that took a while even with very few people in the restaurant. Then I was handed a menu and told to find my own seat. An even longer wait followed for someone to take my order.

Thank you for your comments, I do apologise that the service was not as it should be. We will ensure that improvements are made.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We loved the Conservation Hut for lunch. We had driven up from Sydney that morning and had seen a reference to it in a tourist book. When we found it, we were amazed at it's location right inside the Wentworth Falls Park, which gives it a folksy feel. Eat outside if you can and get beautiful views of the Blue Mountains. The food was generous and delicious. We would love to go back for another meal.

Thanks for your comments

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The food was very average, the curry was a watery mix of chunks of chicken that looked look like they were cooked in a microwave and lumpy rice that was cooked no earlier than yesterday. After a 15 minute wait at the counter to pay a 15% public holiday surcharge was added to the special public holiday menu that made no mention of the extra, nor did the seater or any table note, or the special menu which was made for the weekend and could have been adjusted to include the surcharge. I've had coffee and cake here before and it was fine and the view is spectacular.

1  Thank dave72f

Thanks for your comments, I do apologise that your experience was not as it should have been. We will certainly take your comments on board & look at ways to improve.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Well, what can be said about this disaster of an establishment? Food you'd find in a food court, marked down and in a plastic container. Price? About 1000% more than the "food" is worth. $31 for a bowl of "chicken curry and rice" more suited to a palliative care unit. If you're starving and in dire need of sustenance at vastly inflated, depression era prices, this is the place for you! Staff? Untrained, stressed, rude and confused. Would I recommend you eat here? Only if I really hate you and think you deserve culinary and financial punishment. My God - basic menu and no competition executed so badly, I just had to leave this review. As a family we were annoyed, but also embarrassed that this is the impression tourists take with them. If you don't want to work in, or don't enjoy hospitality and/or food, get out of the industry.

2  Thank Carolyn O