Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
US$104
Agoda.com
Wellers Inn(Burnie)
  • Room Service
All reviewssurf clubon site restaurantexecutive roomvery pleasant stayfree wifiopposite the beachdefinitely stay here againa sea view roomcomfy bedwalk in showersmall cityreception staff were friendlypassing thrupetrol station next doora great place to spendbreakfast and dinnerlooked straight
Reviewed 6 May 2017

It is indeed beach front. Can't fault it for that but it is a bit old and tired. It's kind of an old 70's style motel and doesn't have much else going for it other than its location. It didn't help that my room was pretty cramped up with another bed where the sofa should be (I peeked into my colleagues room and saw that he had a sofa in his room). But the view was nice and the balcony was really private which I really liked. Bed was ok, bathroom clean and roomy enough. It was "nice" but not spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Spent a few days in this inn with my child. Initially had the standard room which faced the street, approached the front desk and they were accomodating enough and had it updgraded to a sea view room! (Lucky) The room was updated, clean and comfortable. With AC and heating (great for winter) literally a few steps to the beach and there's a nearby playground to keep my kid entertained.
Pro: sea view, balcony, clean and comfortable room, coin operated laundry
Cons: with free wifi (catch is if you turn on one gadget the other will lose the connection or it just kept turning off) just bring your own pocket wifi. You'll be too busy admiring the views anyway to mind not having a reliable service

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The Voyager Beachfront had a lovely room that was spacious. The bed was really comfortable, which was delightful. Fast free Wifi and a central, beachfront location made this a nice place to stay. The only downside was that the bathroom was a little dated, although entirely functional and otherwise faultless, in my room. Friendly staff and secure, free onsite parking an easy stroll from everything mean that I would certainly consider staying again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SJ C
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We were pleasantly surprised with our room, nice view with a balcony and somewhere to sit rather than on the bed. The only thing I should have checked, and that was the fact that even though we were happy with the view, lugging our luggage up two flights of stairs at our age was a bit of a chore. I also didn't check to see if there was a toaster or any plates and cutlery when we arrived. Perhaps I could have asked so I am not complaining about that. We went shopping for what we required for breakfast. Comfortable bed and pillows, close to shops and also Fish Frenzy which is across the road and a great place to eat.

Room Tip: If you have a disability just ensure that your room is on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salibu
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Brilliant place to stay. Staff very friendly and even gave us an room upgrade. ... Right on the beach. Very roomy clean rooms. Very quiet. Comfortable beds. Free wifi. Foxtel. Great shower pressure. Reasonably priced mini bar and don't forget the restaurant attached 'Raindrops' which serves excellent food at great prices. Only a couple of minutes walk from main shopping district so you can leave your car there and avoid parking fees.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple