“Good selection of food and well priced”

Richardson's Bistro
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Freycinet
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: After enjoying one of the spectacular walks around Freycinet National Park, we invite you to relax and enjoy the calm and casual atmosphere of Richardson’s Bistro. Watch the peaceful seaside town of Coles Bay from the bistro as you enjoy the tasty, casual meals and tempting snacks. Choose from seafood, our range of lodge burgers, a steak, grazing plates, morning and afternoon tea and, of course, the delightful dessert menu. Drop in for lunch or a snack and recharge your batteries before heading out again to delight in the unique beauty of the National Park. Or after a long and energising day, grab a relaxed early dinner before putting your feet up in your cabin.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Good selection of food and well priced if you do not want to use the main dinning room. There are few choices close to the Lodge but worth trying

Brad C, General Manager at Richardson's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Goldenbeach2010

Thanks for your review and positive feedback.

regards

Brad

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We had dinner here and enjoyed every minute. You order your food at the bar then take a number and sit and wait til the food is brought to your table. Well priced and delicious seafood, mussels and squid and I had lamb fillet with Greek salad but differently done and much tastier than I expected. Really YUM!

Brad C, General Manager at Richardson's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi RubyAustralia

Thank you for positing your review and for your positive feedback. I'm glad to read you had an enjoyable dining experience at Richardson's.

regards
Brad

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Staying at the lodge for 2 nights it was the Bistros turn tonight
To try

The young lady at the bar was great and took our order and gave us table 18

I faced the table number 18 in the direction where the food waitress would be coming from the kitchen
To help her out and see us easily

That didn't help in this situation as I saw her go around the room on both sides
I tried to get her attention but couldn't as I saw they were our meals
Finally we got our meals

By this stage the calamari was nearly cold just luke warm at best

It would have been nice to actually have it cooked a bit more as well
as the calamari was a little pale in color and a little under cooked

The salad was a bit much as well
It would have been nicer with a flavorsome dressing on it
Not just oil
Plus having a little tomato in the salad also would help to create a bit of acid to cut the oil since there was no vinegar in the dressing

My wife had the pork belly and said it was nice

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Richardson's Bistro is located inside Freycinet Lodge. Located downstairs from reception next to the restaurant with outdoor seating as well. The atmosphere is just like being in a big modern barn with exposed beams and fire places. The view is awesome of the bay and you can just sit back with a drink and forget where you are. The Bistro menu caters for all tastes and is priced accordingly.
We had the soup of the day with bread ($12) and the Char-grilled vegetable linguine ($24) which was huge and absolutely loaded with vegetables.
We would definitely come back just to relax with a drink or even for another meal.
Highly recommended....

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after walking the Wine Glass Bay trails. The bistro is currently located in the main reception and is a bit clumsy to figure out the arrangement for seating and ordering, it is all through the bar.

Food took almost an hour to arrive and when it did it was under seasoned and unremarkable. Tiger prawn linguini claims to have chilli and garlic but is overwhelmed by oil so if it was in there it can't be tasted.

Salt and pepper squid had me reaching for some salt in an attempt to save the dish with any kind of flavour but it was not enough. Ended up using the sweet chilli sauce from my son's wedges.

Kids had wedges and the kids pasta were left half eaten which tells me everything I need to know.

Views are fantastic though.