“Best pizza”

Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tombolo Freycinet - Licensed Cafe Enjoy fresh seasonal produce, Local seafood, wood fired pizza and real coffee in a casual and friendly atmosphere.Showcasing Local art, beer and wine.Kitchen open for Lunch and Dinner.Superb views across Coles Bay and Hazards Range.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This was a great little cafe!!

Not to be missed - the pizza was awesome and wish we had discovered earlier.

Try the 3 cheese pizza - also best coffee we had in Tasmania.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I'd heard about Tombolo from friends and looked forward to trying last weekend. Very glad we booked a table for dinner. A lovely relaxed feel, every table occupied, friendly service, we shared 3 pizzas ( funky fungi was my favourite) and a greek salad amongst 2 adults and 2 older teenagers and enjoyed a bottle of Kelvedon Pinot Noir. A great little place.

2  Thank TASSIE-FAMILY-33
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Best pizza I’ve had in a long time. Brilliant service very friendly and efficient. Washed down with a bottle of Kelvedon Pinot Noir plus a spare to go! Definitely coming back.

2  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 2 October 2017

When I approached the counter to order a pizza, the elderly man with a ponytail said "ni hao" to me (I am 1/4 Japanese) with a completely straight face... I was so shocked, I thought there was no way he could possibly be talking to me. However, he continued to repeat the phrase over and over, becoming increasingly louder until I addressed him.
I told him that I was born in Melbourne and I don't speak a word of Chinese. My mother's mother is from Japan... So yeah, I definitely do not speak Chinese. Australia is a multicultural country, this is definitely not acceptable. Apart from this, fantastic pizza - highly recommend the funky fungi and coffee.

2  Thank ClaireBear2484
Reviewed 2 October 2017

An excellent little restaurant in a beautiful part of the world. Our meal was not overly fancy but it was very good. We found it to be the best mid-ranged restaurant in the Coles / Swansea area. If it's warm enough, Tombolo also has a great deck overlooking the water. The only thing that lets Tombolo down is its customer service. The staff didn't really care and it was obvious. The service was offhand and not very friendly. Luckily for this restaurant though, the great food and location override the poor service.

1  Thank SydneyOz_Gal