Hamilton Inn Hotel
Curringa Farm(Hamilton)
US$169
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Junction Motel(New Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$74
Travelocity
US$76
US$71
  • Restaurant
Claremont Hotel Motel(Claremont)(Great Value!)
US$69
Priceline
US$60
US$57
Priceline
Best Western Balmoral Motor Inn(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$68
Martin Cash Motel(Moonah)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
Graham Apartments(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Tower Motel(Hobart)
US$64
Agoda.com
All reviewsfor salecouple of nightsantiquesjohnhobartconvictfurniture
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Friendly warm and accomodating. Great antique furniture and memorabilia to browse through and purchase of you desire. Fresh cosy clean linen and a comfy bed. Rooms are small but goes with the era. We were very spoilt with plenty of attention. A great place to stay while padding through rural Tassie

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2015

Lovely old building in small quiet village. Our room was clean and comfortable. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We had two dogs with us and we left them in the car but dogs are welcome in their huge backyard. As the town is so small there is little to do but there is a pleasant walk along the creek. A great stop between the west and east coast of Tasmania. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We were not fortunate enough to stay at the inn but we did have dinner in the pub/restaurant. I have no idea what the other reviewers were talking about but I fell in love with this place. The service was exceptional and the food was magnificent, we have been in Tas almost a week and it was the best meal by far.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank TravelGirl2102
Reviewed 16 January 2015

This is an eccentric hotel. The virtues are John & Gina, the welcoming patrons; the vices are the too many shabby parts of the old hotel, for example the mess around the fireplace in the bar/dining area. It is eccentric because it contains too many elements of Fawlty Towers, the menu is haphazard and the booking system is erratic, but it is an interesting historical hotel. It won’t suit everybody, particularly if you’re looking for five star accommodation and service. Hamilton is a convenient stopover spot between arriving in Hobart airport and travelling to the west coast. And the choice of accommodation in Hamilton is limited. The Hamilton Inn is an early 19th century building, but it now needs a serious makeover, a lot of work. The rooms are under the eaves, but the beds are comfortable; the food if you stick to the plate of the day not bad. But it is a very disappointing experience overall.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Having read the reviews about this place but having been in many hotels/b&b's and up for most things we decided to book in here for two nights on our way from the south to the north of Tasmania. We were met by Gina. who took us up a dingy staircase with threadbare & dirty carpet to our en suite room. She left, we looked at each other, decided we could manage at least one night and tried not to breathe in too deeply to avoid the inhalation of dust and the smell of " oldness".
We went down for a drink and dinner. The bar/dining area has sheeting suspended and covering the ceiling above completely. More dust and more muck. I fancied a nice long cool beer, no draught the pump broke three weeks ago, stubbies it was then.The salmon was nice, the chips were frozen the price $27 - steep, the Greek salad accompanying my wife's meal lacked feta, olives or anything remotely Greek but did have one of Gina's hairs. We played cards in the bar and another couple appeared. This was a nice distraction from Gina folding her washing on the next table until she launched into conversation with them slagging off past customers in general but her cafe/ restaurant trade in particular. She also told the four of us we wouldn't be sitting in the bar much longer as she was nearly ready to go to bed, the lights behind the bar had been off for some time already & she was letting the fire die, the one bright spark in the whole place! We had asked about tea & coffee making facilities in the room, not allowed due to fire regulations, first time we've come across that one. Gina showed us to the "breakfast" room where the kettle and fridge were, also tomorrow's breakfast, open cereal packets, cheap sliced bread under glass domes and jars of Vegemite, marmalade etc. that was it. As for the room it was absolutely packed with junk, Gina called them antiques, all dusty of course. The whole pub in various places including the bedroom was full of "antiques" and period furniture, we must have missed the "grubby" period when looking at antiques in the past. All of this we accepted as quirky and Gina's idleness and we went to bed, it was clean and comfortable and the rain had started. About 1.30am a drip started on the roof, it was like slow machine gun fire, it lasted till 5.00am. we could not sleep. In the morning I found Gina and told her we were leaving, I told her the place was dirty, the bar disgusting and being kept awake unacceptable. I then said I would pay her and what was she going to charge me considering the disturbed nights sleep, (I wasn't asking for a discount for the muck, filth or paltry breakfast that we didn't have) she said $100 the quoted rate. I said this was too much. All we actually received from the bed & breakfast was a bed in which we had no sleep. She said we had seen the place when we booked in and accepted it. Not really a lot of choice at 7.00pm in the middle of nowhere is there? I said what about the continual dripping, she said she hadn't been aware of it till I told her therefore it was not her responsibility, I pointed out that the Hamilton Inn was her responsibility. She advised me lots of people do what I was doing, stay the night, enjoy the facilities, complain and ask for a discount, so I asked her if she didn't. believe me she told me the room had been in use many times in the last few weeks even when it was raining and no one else had complained. We left. Avoid this place, I have no idea why some reviews are so glowing, perhaps something cataclysmic has happened since others were there. Gina should not be in business, especially what she describes as the hospitality business. She doesn't know the meaning of the word.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple