“The food wasn't too bad but accuracy of order was wrong.”
Review of Velvet

Velvet
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Sorell
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Stopped here for lunch on way home from Hobart. Each time you come the service/ food is different so you never know if it will be a good or bad experience. On this occasion I ordered a banana smoothie but got given a banana and mango one.Our meals were quite nice although my husband's fish was a little overcooked.Prices are generally quite reasonable.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped into Velvet whilst travelling back from Port Arthur and needed to stop for breakfast. I’m glad we chose Velvet. Welcoming staff, great music and one of the best eggs benedict’s I’ve had!

Don’t drive past this restaurant!!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Sometimes it's pretty good and sometimes it's really bad.
I avoid going here now because I never know what I will get

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Living in Hobart, we usually pass straight through the town of Sorell on the way to the Tasman Peninsula or East Coast. However, on this occasion we were nearing Sorell when the hankering for a spot of afternoon tea struck. On the strength of other reviews, we decided to give Velvet a go, and we're glad we did! The outdoor area behind the cafe was lovely on a mild September afternoon. Our milkshakes were flavoursome and generous and homemade scones with jam (also homemade) and cream were fresh and hot the spot. Service was friendly, efficient and unobtrusive. Having peruse the lunch menu, we'll visit again soon for something more substantial.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My visit this time was at lunch time for a brief meeting with a friend so we just had a light snack. The staff were very accommodating to my friend's special dietary requests and information. The food was delicious and the atmosphere relaxed, obviously full of folk that frequent the lounge regularly and most seemed to know each other. My previous time was in summer and we were able to enjoy the eclectic out door garden dining area.
Through a doorway to the lounge is an Arts coop venture run by volunteers and displaying local art and crafts of an interesting and high standard.