“Pizza Perfect, Trout just lovely”
Review of Union Takeaway

Union Takeaway
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Strahan
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Dropped in for dinner on our second night in Strahan. Two friends had Blue Trevella, chips and salad. I wanted to try this also but ran out just before my order. Not disappointed as only offering what is fresh and in supply. I ordered Ocean Trout which as probably the best I ate whilst in Tassie. Cooked to perfection, perfect flaking. My husband had the Seafood Pizza which we all tried. It was perfection and just so generous with seafood. Just a great experience and owners were very friendly and warm.

1  Thank Robyn C

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We visited here while we were visiting Strahan awesome fresh tasty pizza with very quick service....

1  Thank Larissa B
Reviewed 6 May 2017

We had takeaway pizza here one night out of our 4 night stay in Strahan. We didn't phone ahead to order as I couldn't find a menu in our room or online. Wait time was around 25 minutes.
Friendly staff. And yummy pizzas!

1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Decided to have a change on my second day staying in Strahan. Instead of going for a fine-dining experience, I wanted to try the fish and chips takeaway for a change. Plus it was highly recommended by the locals I met. They said Union Takeaway does the best ocean trout in town so I was curious to find out. I came around 6.00pm which was probably in their peak hours as there was a long queue waiting to order. Service was good and staff was cheerful and polite. I ordered Grilled ocean trout with chips, garden salad and tartare sauce and some extra crumbed scallops but takeaway instead of dining in. The ocean trout was perfectly cooked the way I like it, just right. The layers of the flesh just came off nicely and they still had the lovely pink colour in the middle. Fish was fresh, rich and deep in flavour with a beautiful texture, felt like it was melting in my mouth. Scallop was fresh and well cooked. Deep fried food is not my top favorite anyway so I wasn't very excited about the chips. I personally prefer smaller cut chips as they're crispier but here they use crinkle cut chips. Some pieces of chips were soggy after a short while, especially those placed under the fish. Overall I still enjoyed my meal. If I haven't stressed enough, the grilled ocean trout here is a MUST-TRY.

2  Thank UyenN123
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We were a hungry family of 5 and they went out of their way to ensure we got a taste of the fresh local fare. Great food, service & views!

1  Thank Sam G