Strahan Wilderness Lodge
  • Restaurant
Risby Cove(Strahan)
Motel Strahan(Strahan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother guestsnew ownersbreakfast was includedmacquarie harbourwell equipped kitchenwould definitely stay here againtown centreaccommodationloungetownshiptoaster
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Well we were pleasantly surprised. It's not perfect but reasonably priced. Magic view from cottage/cabin. Booked at last minute and was good choice.
Well positioned just outside town centre. Would definitely stay here again when we next visit this part of the world.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Had booked for 2 nights online after looking at the property which we found smelly, primitive and very outdated. The owners were not available when we arrived and after contacting them via the intercom they advised we could cancel the booking at no charge.

Room Tip: Make sure you check room out before paying.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Bay views from every room of this beautiful old historic home, quiet location just minutes from Strahan town centre. Large and comfortable rooms, well equipped with full sized kitchen and everything you need to self cater.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We stayed in the semi-detached cottage for two nights and had an enjoyable stay. Having just wanted something quiet and reasonably priced for a couple of nights, I was very happy!

The decor is very old fashioned and it felt a little like I was staying in an elderly friends' home - loved the old fashioned feel! I tend to like my accommodation quirky and grew up in old, quirky houses with interesting additions and nooks and crannies, so this felt homey (although why cover the walk-in robe in the main room with a wardrobe?)

The bathroom even had carpets!

The cottage was clean enough (with the slight feeling of grubbiness that you get in older places that haven't had a renovation in a while) and the loungeroom heated up easily with a modern heat pump. The bedrooms had lovely views and light, and were chilly with oil heaters - not that this mattered with the electric blankets turned on. The bed was an older style, extremely soft but comfortable. It felt like snuggling into a nest for the night. I loved the bright bedroom and big bay window, the old photos and all the quirky little objects/decorations.

The kitchen is huge for a holiday house, and I liked it.

Both my husband and I have asthma and allergy issues, but did not notice any kero or mould smells inside and neither of us noted any asthma symptoms during our stay.

I'd happily return the next time I feel like a low-key stay in the area.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

We had a great overnight stay here, amazing hospitality, nice clean cosy room, amazing views. All the other guests we met were very friendly. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here and will be back again. Thanks very much

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple