Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Yeah, ok, if you are looking for luxury, you are at the wrong place. But, if you want a clean, accomodating and friendly place to sleep, you can't beat Taylors. This complex has a 5 room motel and several cabins that lead on down to Lake Erie with water access. Myra is terrific and will try to tend to your every need. Taylors is centrally located to downtown Marblehead, Catawba Island, the ferry to Put n Bay, African Lion Safari, Cedar Point, Port Clinton, etc. There is also a very clean pool, and the price is unbelievable.

Room tip: Could use some new pillows
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank miss_patty526
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I really want to give this place a better rating, but it just didn't do much for me. It was a basic, old cabin. The best thing about it was that there was plenty of space, unlike a hotel room. I also enjoyed the screened in porch. Everything worked in the cabin, so no complaints there. We were glad that we brought our own pillows because the ones provided had seen better days. One of the box springs had a huge chunk missing. Not sure what that was all about but it made me feel a little strange. We accepted things as they were as we didn't feel any of it was worth complaining about. Just sharing my findings and feelings.

Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank jklay71
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I am always on the lookout for a friendly, clean, and safe place to rest my head after a long day fishing and I found it at Taylor's. Great people, easy access boat ramp, can pull boat right next to cottage to charge batteries and work on tackle. Perfect place for any fisherman to stay at a great rate with fantastic lake access and personable staff!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank EasyrideRanger1860
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Call Myra and ask her about your needs and her suggestions. Extremely accommodating! Not luxurious by any means.. . But clean as a whistle and close to most anything. Has their own private boat Ramp and tie ups and slips right next to the Johnson island causeway.

I've only stayed in her motel units.. I even took pictures to show my wife how spotless the grout was in the tiled enclosure to the shower. Also has mini fridge and micro wave in the rooms.. A separate game room (has football table and card tables in the community rec room. Plus has free freezer to keep your fish.. Or meats etc if you brought freezer stuff with you to enjoy your stay. Also the motel units have free gas grill usage. And a pool in season. Nice and quiet at the 5 room motel part... They have several cottage cabin choices back on the shady lane. Easy hook ups for charging your boat too.

I've been going to Erie for 10+ years now and found Taylor's Resort two years ago. Oh yeah, the mattresses are quite supportive too.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank WTell45
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I am a weekend tournament bass fisherman and when I am at an event or a practice or out just for fun in the island area of Lake Erie I always stay at Taylor's Resort. The cottages are perfect for 2 or 4 guys. Simple, quiet & clean. Most importantly we can park our boats right next to the cottage or in the lot by the dock. Worling on gear, charging batteries and all the other prep we do is so much nicer in a quiet & safe location. Hotel parking lots are the worst. Taylor's is the best.

Date of stay: May 2012