Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I have stayed at the cabin twice this summer with my family. My second visit I also invited my sister and her family to rent a cabin so we had a total of 2 cabins. The new owners were friendly, polite and provided immediate assistance when we had questions. WE didn't need any help with regards to the cabins because they were excellent overall. They were very clean, comfortable and my kids slept very soundly! The kitchen was equip with all we needed to grill and make our breakfasts. Each cabin also had its own grill. The also provided movies to watch for the kids on the dvd player for late night. The place was also very festive with boaters stopping in to visit the cute and clean beachfront. WE night fished off of the dock and even caught a few catfish! The pool was clean and very deep so we had a great time lounging poolside. In the end, if you are looking for a great time in Marblehead look no further! I highly recommend.

Room tip: Great views of the bay, tree lined, vintage in a good way, family friendly,
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We used to stay here all the time when we went to Marblehead. As you can see from an earlier review of mine, you could stay overnight and the price was low. Again, this is not the Ritz, but it was always clean and Myra, the owner was terrific. Now you have a mandatory two night stay, and the price increased by a third - with no improvements for your expanding dollar. If we wanted to stay only one night, the nightly price increased by 50%. Forget this place. The Lake Point is around the corner, and unless you really need the pool, stay there. The Surf is also a good option. These people should go to a hospitality school before they lose their business.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank miss_patty526
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This “motel” used to be called Taylor’s Resort and a great family operated this property. The property was bought in late 2016 by a new family because the original owners passed away, and it is now called Easy Wind Inn. Unfortunately, the new owners do not care about their customers and have a very poor attitude.

I visited Taylor’s Resort/Easy Wind Inn for the past 8 years when traveling for my annual vacation to Johnson’s Island. For the last 7 years, I have had zero problems. Unfortunately, this year (2017) was a miserable experience.

The daily “motel” rate increased from $85 to $100 a night. I was fine with this since the location is so convenient to Johnson’s Island. There is no check in/out desk so the week before I arrived, I asked what the wifi password is. The owner Amy sent a rude email saying that their guests prefer to be outside and creating memories with other people. For my entire stay, I was unable to establish a stable connection to the wifi and had to use my cell phone for the internet.

The TV’s are the old CRT tube TV’s from most likely around 1995 and are mounted at an unsafe level if you are tall. She said that they don’t plan on upgrading the electronics anytime soon even though she kept touting that they are environmentally friendly. I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to get rid of an energy robbing device… but I digress.

I noticed on my 2nd day of my stay that my room was not serviced (bed not made, and no fresh towels). I e-mailed the owner again (since there is no check in/out desk) and she stated that they do not provide daily service. She said that they prefer guests re-use towels because they want to be friendly to the environment. I have never heard of a hotel/motel not providing daily service to your room. All I wanted was my bed made and fresh towels. The owner sent another rude email saying that in the future I should stay at other motels as they are more upscale.

The room had spiders and spider webs in the bathroom window. The door to the room I was staying in latched shut, but didn’t completely close. The owners stipulate that if you leave your heating/air conditioning on during the day and never return to your room during the day, they can charge your credit card. I prefer to leave the AC on during the summer so that after a long hot day, I can return to a cool room.

If you prefer a 5 unit “motel” with no stable wifi, no daily service, rude management, and don’t mind paying $100 a night for the privilege of sleeping in their room, then this is the place for you. I have never been to a property where daily room service was not provided. I will never stay at this “motel” again because the owners are rude and claim to be environmentally friendly to excuse doing any work to generate maximum profit.

Room tip: stay elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
9  Thank elderboy02
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Three of us stayed in a cottage and we were very comfortable. The coverage was spotless and the kitchen/dinning room area was cute in "retro" way. The bathroom had been recently renovated (all tile) and the screened in porch was awesome. Bed linens supplied - bring your own towels.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SilkRoadTraveler
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Taylor's is a semi-rustic vacation spot that allows you to truly enjoy the outside without giving up modern amenities. There are 8 cottages, each with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom, a screened porch, tv, and air conditioning. There is also a small motel with 5 rooms. There are docks for boats and fishing, a pool, a game room, fire pits, a swing set, and outdoor games such as badminton, volleyball, and horseshoes.
Myra, the owner and host, is super kind and very accommodating. We had a 50th wedding anniversary party there, with family coming from all over the US. Myra was patient and helped us with booking, including all of the changes that went with our crazy family!

Date of stay: July 2015