Hotel Lakeside
US$99
US$199
US$164
Travelocity
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
US$259
US$145
US$60
US$50
RodewayInn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
US$99
US$129
US$118
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
US$199
US$179
Travelocity
US$93
US$129
All reviewsbed and breakfastscreened in porchamenitiestennislakefrontfurniturelodgingbath
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed a very nice lunch at the hotel on a Tuesday afternoon. It was a late lunch and only one other table was in use. I had a walleye sandwich and my friend had the salmon. Both were excellent and our sever was very friendly and efficient. The view from our table was perfect. Walking into the hotel is a walk back in time. You can only imagine the stories those walls could tell. It was a very interesting afternoon and Lakeside is charming.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary212
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I actually stayed here before 2016, but it's as far back as it would let me go. I love Lakeside and this hotel has so much charm and character!! I would recommend it to anyone! Make sure you get ice cream at the patio and rent bike to go down to Marble Head!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

A step back in time, the Hotel was rescued by the local residents and continues to be brought back to its natural state. New amenities continue to be addressed. The location and views are beautiful. Plenty of water sports close by. We had gone to see the group Home Free that gave an awesome performance! Walls were paper thin, not much privacy due to noises. The only issue I had was with the restaurant in the Hotel, you needed reservations even for breakfast and we weren't notified on check-in. Also the restaurant was not capable of charging our tab to our room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry F
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days and NEVER ONCE was our room cleaned! Even after complaining! At checkout I complained again and was referred to Steve [--], the manager, who basically told it was my fault because I must have left luggage on the bed or left the "do not disturb" sign up, which we didnt. He also sighted that they were too busy. Unbelievable, didn't care one iota that we were dissatisfied. The hotel room was pretty dirty to start with too. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! Rent a house or stay at an outside hotel. The showers are small and crappy, I walked into another person's room while they were sleeping because I thought it was a closet, and then heard everything they did for the next week. Spiders and cobwebs and dust everywhere. Gross gross gross!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLakeside, General Manager at Hotel Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

We apologize that you did not have a positive experience while staying at Hotel Lakeside. Thank you for sharing your feedback and review. Taking the time to provide this information helps us continually improve our service and our guests’ experiences. Your comments are valuable in that effort.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I've been coming to Lakeside since my childhood, in the early 1960s, and for all of my visits over the last 35 years or so, I've stayed at Hotel Lakeside. It's a priceless historic building that, yes, in comparison to modern hotels, has small rooms and lacks luxuries. But you simply can't find this kind of charm at more than a handful of historic hotels in this country anymore: the 19th-c. furniture, the woodwork, the 10-foot ceilings.
The price may seem slightly high for the size of the room, but remember that you also get a dining room that offers a gorgeous view of the lakefront and a massive screened-in porch that lets you rock, watch the water, and relax. (No one's getting rich off of this hotel. You're helping pay for much-needed restorations and upgrades, to keep this 141-year-old structure in good shape for years to come.)
I LOVE Hotel Lakeside and will continue staying there for the next 35 years!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple