Surf Motel(Marblehead)
US$99
US$119
US$113
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
US$219
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$127
HIExpress.com
US$58
US$50
RodewayInn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
US$79
US$82
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$107
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$59
US$79
All reviewsbed and breakfastamenitiestennislodgingbath
Reviewed 12 August 2017

First, this is an old and historic hotel. The location is prime to the Lakeside community/experience; walking distance to everything you want (new outdoor pool may be a bit far for very young and elderly to walk). Views are amazing; right on the lake. A generous sized front porch to sit and read, chat, etc... However, be prepared for a true throwback experience. There are no frills. No bellmen. No room service. No TVs. They do have free Wi-fi. So set your expectations for that experience and you will likely enjoy your stay. We stayed in a larger room (two queen beds). The carpet throughout the room, and hotel, is quite worn. The bathroom is small (likely standard for the historic period of hotel) and the laminate floor around the shower was peeling. The shower itself worked fine, but could tell it was quite aged based on the coloring, etc... No central air, however had a window unit (somewhat noisy) that kept the room comfortable. We forgot our toothbrushes and they did not have any to offer at the front desk; they did, however, have a hairdryer to offer us, as we forgot that too! Overall our stay was acceptable, but unsure if we would go back vs. try another lodging option in the Lakeside area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank BougieKnight
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed a very nice lunch at the hotel on a Tuesday afternoon. It was a late lunch and only one other table was in use. I had a walleye sandwich and my friend had the salmon. Both were excellent and our sever was very friendly and efficient. The view from our table was perfect. Walking into the hotel is a walk back in time. You can only imagine the stories those walls could tell. It was a very interesting afternoon and Lakeside is charming.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary212
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I actually stayed here before 2016, but it's as far back as it would let me go. I love Lakeside and this hotel has so much charm and character!! I would recommend it to anyone! Make sure you get ice cream at the patio and rent bike to go down to Marble Head!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

A step back in time, the Hotel was rescued by the local residents and continues to be brought back to its natural state. New amenities continue to be addressed. The location and views are beautiful. Plenty of water sports close by. We had gone to see the group Home Free that gave an awesome performance! Walls were paper thin, not much privacy due to noises. The only issue I had was with the restaurant in the Hotel, you needed reservations even for breakfast and we weren't notified on check-in. Also the restaurant was not capable of charging our tab to our room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry F
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days and NEVER ONCE was our room cleaned! Even after complaining! At checkout I complained again and was referred to Steve [--], the manager, who basically told it was my fault because I must have left luggage on the bed or left the "do not disturb" sign up, which we didnt. He also sighted that they were too busy. Unbelievable, didn't care one iota that we were dissatisfied. The hotel room was pretty dirty to start with too. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! Rent a house or stay at an outside hotel. The showers are small and crappy, I walked into another person's room while they were sleeping because I thought it was a closet, and then heard everything they did for the next week. Spiders and cobwebs and dust everywhere. Gross gross gross!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLakeside, General Manager at Hotel Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

We apologize that you did not have a positive experience while staying at Hotel Lakeside. Thank you for sharing your feedback and review. Taking the time to provide this information helps us continually improve our service and our guests’ experiences. Your comments are valuable in that effort.