“Great addition to Lakewood”
Review of Salt

Salt
Ranked #12 of 144 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is a tapas restaurant with a limited menu. We were here twice. We loved everything we got. They have some entertainment on some nights - it can be a little loud - not so bad where you can't hear yourself think but if you want to have a nice conversation, it can be a little overbearing.

The caprese salad with the roasted tomatoes and buratta cheese is one of the best I've had anywhere. The tomatoes are fresh with lots of flavor and the roasted tomato is very sweet.

The calamari is also excellent - very lightly fried, nothing chewy about it.

The Pork Belly is good as is the sliced steak and the meatballs.

Wine list is decent also - we tried the Rose, Cabernet and the Zinfindel and all were wonderful.

If you're looking for a gourmet meal with small portions (vs a gut bomb), this is your place. It has a nice casual friendly vibe.

1  Thank clubnev

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The food here is really excellent. It is a bit more expensive over other places in Lakewood but I think worth it for a nice meal out. Cocktails were great. Shared a number of dishes with friends and we were delighted with each of them. Relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant. One of my new favorites.

1  Thank Eleanor H
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Nice space and decor. Mostly sincere and attentive staff. The vandermill cider is excellent if you like it on the sweet side. The steak kabob was excellent minus the onion slice. The beet salad was excellent. The white bean dip and potato garlic selections were poor values. The menu is limited in selections and adventurous in composition.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The CLE Broadway Diva's loved "An American in Paris" and they loved the food at Salt+. What a nice addition to the Lakewood restaurant scene. Molly our waitress took great care of us. We tried most every thing on the menu and had no complaints. They have a great craft drink menu and I loved my Rory ($13). It was sweet and delicious with a hint of grapefruit and had a beautiful slice of dehydrated grapefruit floating on top that was like eating candy. On the vegetables list we loved the Panzanella Salad (special), the Beet Salad and the Shaved Zucchini. From the Fish we liked the Squid Ink Paella and from the meat section we loved the Veal Tenderloin and a Strip Steak special. The only downside is the price. My (single) dinner of Panzanella Salad, Sweet Potato Pave, and Veal Tenderloin accompanied by a Rory and glass of Chardonnay ($7) came to $70 (incl tax and tip). Remember these are small plates. If you want bread, they charge per slice. The food was delicious, but I thought the price was too high to return often.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

After returning to Lakewood from being gone for the winter we walked to Salt and once again had a great dining experience. The menu is eclectic as is the decor and so delicious. The portions are nicely sized and perfect to share. Everything is perfectly prepared and presentations beautifully done. The waitstaff is so attentive, friendly and helpful. My husband was missing a couple of things with their new menu as was I and would like to see some more vegetarian offerings but that is my only complaint. Truly a neighborhood gem. Plus the word is they are opening a patio in July! Cant wait for that!!

1  Thank Barb H