“Pizza and wine”
Review of Winery 1285

Winery 1285
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Really wonderful wood fired pizza. It's a very nice place to enjoy wine and pizza. They have an outdoor patio that would be very pleasant on a warm evening. The inside is casual and friendly. If they were really busy I would imagine there is a long wait for your pizza. So sip your wine slowly.

1  Thank mary212

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I stopped here for a wine tasting and we had some appetizers. The wines were okay but nothing spectacular. The appetizers were bread and oil and it was good, especially the bread. We noticed that everyone was leaving with boxes of something so I asked. They make homemade blueberry donuts daily and while the ones we got were still fresh they were not hot out of the oven. They were still great but would have been melt in your mouth Great if they had been fresh out of the oven!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We stopped in while visiting the area. Thought we would do a tasting because we love to buy local wines. We saw many staff members but none even said hello. We found the wine & just decided to buy a bottle. We opened it a week later at home & we were very disappointed in the taste. We selected the blueberry, because the cashier told us it came from the blueberries they grow on site. It was a bit more than what we like to spend, at $18/bottle. The wine had an off-putting taste. My husband worked in a winery & he thought it may have been starting to turn bad. Fruit based wines don't have the shelf life of grape wines. We drank it anyway, both waking up the next morning with a killer headache.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Their pizza looked really good. We ordered the margherita pizza. This is not the typical margherita pizza because it doesn't have any red sauce on it at all. The pizza should have been cooked a few extra minutes because it was sort of doughy. They have a pretty good wine list and the decor is very nice. There was supposed to be a band playing at 7:00 so we waited around until well after 7:20. When I ask our server where the band played he said the band didn't show up. That was a bit disappointing but, I guess it happens and manager doesn't have any control over it. We'll give the place another shot. I think we caught them on an off night.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Great place to get away with friends or a loved one. We split a lovely salad and a wood fired pizza! Delicious!!! Tried a flight if wine and they were all fantastic. Settled on the dry blueberry as the bottle for the table and thoroughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank Jennifer B