“Best Fried Pickles”

Brown Derby Road House
Ranked #14 of 142 Restaurants in Mansfield
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Great value, taste and portions not to mention fantastic Food Servers. Being a Business Traveler, you want good comfort food, sometimes great appetizers. Come here! Best Fried Pickles, light breading, crispy and the size of hot dogs on a stick! A meal just by itself. Gotta have the onion soup with whatever your main entree is. You won't spend much for the food you get here! I will be back. Too bad it is so far from Huntington Beach California.

Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

We had burgers and beer. The buns were burnt the burgers were OK. The beer was warm. The bill was $27 for two burgers & fries and 4 beers so it was cheap. I probably won't be back.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

I'm not one to complain about food I normally love it all, especially steak, but the food I had here is disappointing. I got a steak that was very overcooked. I know the steak is wood fired and therefore should be somewhat charred but my whole steak was black and crunchy. The steak also had a sweet tasted to it, which either means the meat was old or the wood they use might be maple which does not go well with the flavor steak already has. Atmosphere was somewhat fun and laidback reminding me of a Texas Roadhouse but on a smaller, laid back, and more local scale which I love for a casual meal. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this restaraunt nor will I return.

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

I have not been here in 20+ years. Decided to drop in for dinner during my hunting travels locally. Walked in sat down at the bar. The bartender Allies enthusiasm and personality was amazing! She took my order and served my dinner with a smile and asked if I needed anything further even though it was evident she was overworked behind the bar. She clocked out and her replacement bar tender was Brad. Same enthusiasm and also great personality! Lastly, someone (I don't know who) paid for my meal and my drinks!!?? Completely unexpected, yet very much appreciated. Just one example of many why Americans are amazing! I will say, the porterhouse steak was NOT a porterhouse (too much fat) Still very thankful. Thank you...

Reviewed 25 November 2015

I cant believe the Health Dept. allows all the peanut shells on the floor of this establishment. I can imagine the night time rodents love this though. There is a place in Maryland "Green Turtle" that use to allow this & they were sited by Health Dept. for attracting rats.
The service was average, the food is alright & I suppose this is a higher standard Restaurant for the Galion / Mansfield area.
I did love the wood grilled flavor on the chicken.
This is not what I'm used to in the Baltimore area, & the prices are the same as Baltimore.