Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2019

We stayed Labor Day weekend in a triple room at the Surf Motel this weekend and we absolutely loved everything about this place! The room was clean and very nicely decorated. Plenty of clean towels, extra blankets, and cold AC! We loved the fire pit area and the view of the lake from our front porch area. The staff was amazing especially Penny. She was so kind and helpful. Our kids absolutely loved this place. We were a 10min walk from the lighthouse and a 10min walk into town to the restaurants and bars. Great stay! We can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This was my first time staying at the Surf Motel and I was very surprised and pleased with my stay. The grounds were very well kept and clean; it’s very well kept. The front desk girl was very nice and pleasant as well as informative.

The room was very clean and not anything wrong with it. It was done very nicely and simple. The bed was good even though it I sank a bit in it when I sat on it. Otherwise the room was in good condition and had all I needed. Only thing I would say it needed was a box of tissues. I’d definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank booknerd2689
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Stayed here for a weekend at Cedar Point amusement park with 2 other families. Motel is about 40 minutes from the amusement park, but an easy drive back and forth. Room was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. This is an older property that has been kept up, not a modern chain motel. Not much in the way of amenities, but we didn't spend much time in the room. Double beds were a bit of a squeeze for adults. Wifi was easy to connect and worked fine. Management was easy to work with over a slight issue with the reservation. Great view of the Lake from the property. The local town area is very quaint, would like to have had more time to explore there. We've stayed in campground motels before and this was one of the better ones. My teenagers enjoyed getting a taste of how motels looked back when Mom and Dad were kids! We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lop1988
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This is a nice motel connected to a campground with nice view of Lake Erie. It's well maintained and the other guests were all friendly. We enjoyed the campfire ring on the second night. The room is tidy and standard motel style. The mattress and couch have seen better days but weren't terrible. It's close to the shops, winery, light house and Ferry that we rode our bikes everywhere. We even took them with us to Kelly's Island and loved exploring by bike! Great trip and cheaper than what we could find on the island.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Expedition651326
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to Lake Erie since I was a young girl. I am now 67. I have passed this motel many times while visiting the area on the lake. My first time staying here was June 2017. I was not disappointed at all. Patty the manager was great and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and beds were very nice. The price was way cheaper than in Port Clinton. The Lake was just across the road so the scenery was beautiful. Great location for visiting the lighthouse and Johnson's Island. Will be visiting again. Thank you Patty for everything.

Date of stay: June 2017