“Terrible”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My husband, son and I went here for my birthday dinner. It was terrible. We went early, between 4:30 and 5:00. The restaurant was not busy. This being said, our waiter was terrible. He disappeared for long periods of time. We waited a long time just to get our drinks, then a long time just to get our bread, then a long time to get our order taken. When he finally took our order he disappeared again, and when our food finally did come, my husband's food was cold from sitting. When my husband told the waiter his food was cold, the waiter said, "let me take it and get you a new entree". It was another 20 minutes and my husband's food finally came for a second time. The waiter set the plate down and walked away. He must have thought he was being sly, when he set the plate down he made sure to turn the plate so the part of the entree my husband had originally cut was facing away from him. Remember, the waiter said he would get my husband a new entree. It was the exact same plate of food! When the waiter finally did return he asked my husband if it was better this time, like he had done my husband some kind of favor. Carrabba's didn't used to be like this, I don't know what happened. We won't be going back. Also, the portions are extremely small and the lettuce in our salads was BROWN. NOT GOOD.

Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hello Victoria,

We had hoped for a much better experience for you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Toledo, OH". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We have been here several times both to dine in and take out. The staff is very friendly and the food portions are generous. A little crowded on weekends however, that is an indication of how good the food is. We have a variety of entrees and all have been tasty.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I and my wife ordered pasta entrees for dinner. The bowls were filled completely with pasta mixed with sauce as if it came right out of a can. The sauce with thin as water and had no taste or flavor. This was the most tasteless pasta we ever had. It is a shame Carrabba is serving this and charging an exorbitant price. Always, a test for an Italian Restaurant is how well they can make a simple pasta. Carrabba failed at this. We will be striking out this restaurant from our list of places to eat at.

Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello Siva,

We're sad your pasta was disappointing. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Toledo, OH". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy

Reviewed 15 September 2017

They have good food: bread, nice salads and many entrees to choose from. We love the calamari appetizer. The food was good, filling and hot. Seemed like it was made fresh. One of us got filled up with bread, salad and appetizer before her dinner arrived and we took it to go. Our server (and everyone there) was very nice.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

A step above "chain" and a go to place when you love Italian food and you're on the road and hungry...Now!
The veal marsala is yummy and my favorite food on the menu is the cavetappi amantraciana. Great little side salad too. Friendly service, engaging manager wants to make guests happy.
Love the open kitchen concept, still nice atmosphere...Tuscan.

1  Thank Susan K