“Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Generally speaking, we do not eat at chain restaurants for Italian food as there are so many excellent family owned Italian restaurants in the area where we live. However, this restaurant was very close to where we were staying and very convenient after a long day of travel. It ended up being a very pleasant surprise. The food was good and served promptly. The wine list was reasonably extensive. They key here was the service. It was excellent. Our server was friendly and attentive. We made a point to commend her to the manager, who indicated that the restaurant provided rewards to its employees who received this type of praise. All in all, this was a very pleasant experience. We would definitely go here again.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The staff is very friendly, the food was delicious but quantities are small compared to price and other alike restaurants.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The menu is extensive and a nice bar area. The service was good and the staff is friendly. The food was very good and will come back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My husband, son and I went here for my birthday dinner. It was terrible. We went early, between 4:30 and 5:00. The restaurant was not busy. This being said, our waiter was terrible. He disappeared for long periods of time. We waited a long time just to get our drinks, then a long time just to get our bread, then a long time to get our order taken. When he finally took our order he disappeared again, and when our food finally did come, my husband's food was cold from sitting. When my husband told the waiter his food was cold, the waiter said, "let me take it and get you a new entree". It was another 20 minutes and my husband's food finally came for a second time. The waiter set the plate down and walked away. He must have thought he was being sly, when he set the plate down he made sure to turn the plate so the part of the entree my husband had originally cut was facing away from him. Remember, the waiter said he would get my husband a new entree. It was the exact same plate of food! When the waiter finally did return he asked my husband if it was better this time, like he had done my husband some kind of favor. Carrabba's didn't used to be like this, I don't know what happened. We won't be going back. Also, the portions are extremely small and the lettuce in our salads was BROWN. NOT GOOD.

Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hello Victoria,

We had hoped for a much better experience for you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Toledo, OH". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We have been here several times both to dine in and take out. The staff is very friendly and the food portions are generous. A little crowded on weekends however, that is an indication of how good the food is. We have a variety of entrees and all have been tasty.