“Lots of good food”

Imperial Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 196 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a sweet and sour shrimp ring entree with fried rice and egg roll
Huge portion. All were very good and served piping hot. Great friendly service too

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Their food is good, service is sketchy. We decided to leave and get takeout elsewhere because their prices have become ridiculous. Just because you're in Mentor doesn't mean you should charge nearly double the going price for Chinese fare.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I like Chinese food.
More specifically, I like egg rolls and I like egg foo young.
There is something in the egg rolls at Imperial Dragon that makes you want to keep eating them. My wife wouldn't let me, but I wanted to have a tray of them at our wedding.
Carry-Out service is the best here, but dining in is also very nice. It's a quiet restaurant on the dining room side, but the bar side is lively and engaging. They treat you like you're a guest.
Food is consistently good lately - there was a time where it was hit or miss, but in the recent past it has been excellent every time we have dined in or gotten carry out.
Whenever we ask "Who wants Chinese" we know what to get. Our family favorites here are
Won ton soup
Shrimp toast
Roast pork egg foo young
Roast pork fried rice
Chicken Chow Fun
Orange Chicken

Usually we order enough for a family of 6, and the price is right. The food is hot, fresh, and tastes darn good. There is also usually never a wait here for carry out. 15-20 minutes and you're good to go.
Stop by next time you're looking for good Chinese, rarely a disappointing meal is had here.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Best Chinese in Mentor. I love this place. My whole family looks forward to eating take out from the dragon. Hunan beef is my go to.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

The variety of dishes and preparation at the Dragon always take me back to memories of the three years I lived in Singapore. While it lacks the sun and palm trees outside, inside it is very nostalgic for me.

Before getting into the nitty-gritty of the review, I strongly recommend taking advantage of the Chinese New Year celebrations which take place there every year. They feature dancers concealed beneath a fantastically decorated dragon shaking its huge head with blinking eyes, and a gaping mouth into which patrons are welcome to pass small red “ang bao” envelopes containing a few dollars as tips for the performers. To the deafening beat of drums and cymbals, the “dragon” makes its way slowly throughout the restaurant, stopping to give special attention to children who may otherwise be frightened of such a “monster.” It’s a unique and memorable esperience.

I have been going to the Dragon since I moved to this area ten years ago and have never had a bad meal. Portions are staggering, dishes are authentic and nicely-flavored, service is always pleasant. I generally order a beef or pork dish and favor the spicy ones. None of my guests have ever complained about the food or the service. A full service bar is located separately from the dining room and it is pleasant to have a couple of drinks while studying the menu and getting the taste glands busy. See you there!

One of my favorite checklist items here is clean restrooms, not always found in Asian restaurants. Ample parking is directly in front of the restaurant.