“This is the BEST restaurant east of Cleveland!”
Review of Thai Orchid

Thai Orchid
Ranked #21 of 194 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 June 2018

For a restaurant, location is everything. Unfortunately, this place doesn't have the greatest spot. It's in a non-descript strip mall next to a Melt and Old Navy. It doesn't have very noticeable signage either which probably explains why there are always so few people inside whenever we visit. It's too bad. Because this is one of the best, no, this is THE BEST restaurant in Mentor or anywhere east of Cleveland. My husband and I have eaten here many times and it's always fabulous. The interior is large with lots of seating and it has a nice atmosphere. It's always clean, quiet, and pleasant. The service is always fast and friendly. Our favorite thing to do is to order several appetizers (chicken satay, mussels, spring rolls and dumplings are among our favorites and are served with a variety of delicious sauces). We also get an order of fried rice - tonight it was the Pineapple Fried Rice which also includes huge chunks of tender chicken and large shrimp. We knew we were ordering too much food but everything is so delicious that it's hard to narrow it down any further and we always take home enough leftovers for another meal the next day. Getting two meals out of it made our $34 bill (which also included a glass of wine) seem like a bargain. They are not open for lunch but try it for dinner. They'll appreciate your business and you'll find a new favorite dinner spot.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Melt was closed even though the website said it was open. We were bummed. Where were we going to eat? This Thai restaurant was completely empty at 1 pm. Would it be ok?

We decided to try it. We walked in and the kindest girl gave us a huge smile and was happy to seat us. She brought us menus. She brought us cold $2 beers. She served us large portions of decent Thai food. It was a random choice for lunch but it was filling and tasty. Not the BEST Thai food I've ever had but good food, fair portions, and those $2 beers sealed the deal. I think we'd be regulars here for lunch if we lived in the area.

Within an hour the place was completely full of people. It was just a fluke that we walked by and it was empty so dont be discouraged if you show up and nobody is there. Its safe and clean and has nice bathrooms too.

Thank you Thai Orchid!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Thai Orchard is serving up some fantastic food all while having fantastic service. Restaurant was nicely decorated and clean. Pad Thai was great. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Their Lemon Grass Soup is very good. Mine had 3 decent size shrimp, just the right amount of heat and a combination of canned and fresh mushrooms. Starts out mild at the beginning and increase spice taste as you finish it.

The Thai Orchid wraps are fresh wraps with fresh ingrediants. Very tasty with the accompany sweet sauce.

Over the year we have tried many of their dishes with no disappointments.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife & I ate at the Thai Orchid for the first time this week and we were extremely pleased. The prices were a little steep but the food and service were worth it.
I love Thai food so I wasn't sure what to expect from a Thai restaurant in Mentor, my wife had never tried it before so it was going to be an adventure. As I stated before, we were very happy with everything. From the appetizers to the entrees we were more than pleased.
We didn't have room for desert this time which tells you about the portion sized. We will def4finitly become a regular here as the food, the atmosphere, and the staff make this a great place to dine.