“Get the trout!”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Miamisburg
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Austin Landing. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday & Sunday 1PM - 5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 12 September 2015

My first impression was not the best. I walked into the bar around happy hour, sat down and waited 5-6 minutes without any acknowledgement. So I left. (there was no one in there so it wasn't that case of being "overlooked").
I had heard good things about the place so wanted to give it another try. I"m glad I did. The service was very good during lunch. The restaurant wasn't to full so I can't say if I would have gotten the same service when they were at capacity. I had the lobster spinach queso for an appetizer...I highly recommend that one! It comes with tortilla chips, however I think it would have been better served with toasted bread of some kind. There were good size chunks of lobster and the creaminess was not too rich like it can sometimes be. The flavors were a great combination for an excellent dish. I then moved on to the pecan crusted trout. The presentation was stunning and was magazine cover worthy! It came with peach salsa that was brilliantly colored and full of fantastic flavor. The tortilla slaw was a good pairing for this dish as it brought out more of the flavor. I would order this one every time without hesitation. Try it, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

My steak was tough. The vegetables were over cooked to the point of a retirement home. The baked potato had been in a warming tray for several days. But the price was excessively high. Not going back and I've talked to her fathers who had similar experiences.

Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent visits to our Miamisburg location. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our atmosphere and our diverse menu however I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointments. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we rectify the experience. We will be sharing your review with our leadership so they may take appropriate corrective measures.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

We arrived towards the end of happy hour, so took advantage of some of the cocktail and appetizer specials. The dirty bird martini was not dry and not tasty; perhaps in retrospect the blue-cheese-stuffed olive garnish should have been a tipoff. The cucumber gimlet was an unhappy combination of gin and lime with a cucumber slice garnish.
Grilled tenderloin salad: some nice beef on top of uninspired greens and chopped tomatoes. Pay attention to the Lettuce, people!
A poor quality blue cheese seemed to pop up in every dish we tried.
This place might work if you're in the mood for a steak, but otherwise - straight-up meh.
Servers were attentive and cheerful.

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Firebirds is certainly beautiful, but it is more like an upscale TGI Fridays. The menu looks great and the concepts are terrific, but the execution is mediocre. You can certainly tell it is s chain. The meatloaf was more like a meat tube and the green chili Mac and cheese was not cheesy at all. We may go back only if friends want to go and we tag along. Too many other great places to go.

Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear Mark S.,

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding our Miamisburg location. I'm glad you enjoyed our atmosphere but I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations with the execution of our food. I will forward your comments to our management team so that they can take corrective measures. Our hope is that you will give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Walked over from my nearby hotel while in the area for business. I had not heard of this chain before, it is in a mixed use development with several other nearby chain restaurants. The menu was diverse, I did not feel like beef so went with the coconut shrimp. I ordered a side salad to start, which I ended up not needing as there were 10 huge butterflied shrimp. Very tasty with excellent chutney sauce. Kayla from the bar was friendly and efficient in dinner service despite taking care of the bar also. Only knock was $11 for a glass of house Chardonnay, that is too pricey for a house wine. Would return again, however; the outdoor patio area was attractive also.