“One of my truly favorite places to dine”
Review of The Meadows

The Meadows
Ranked #20 of 94 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I have been visiting the "Meadows" on a frequent basis since 1972.

Having worked for Armco Steel and later AK Steel for 33 years, I had the opportunity to entertain and dine many business associates over the years...I have had the occasion to introduce as many as 100 + people to the "Meadows" over the years..not one was ever disappointed...it is, for real, a landmark.

If you want fine dining, a limited menu, and the best filet you can find come to the "Meadows".

A rustic atmosphere, wood paneling, booths around a bar with just a couple of tables...intimate and very cozy.

My business associates, when I asked were they wanted to meet for dinner, always said the "Meadows". The business was recently sold to a different owner...but...the legend continues...the food is super...the servings ample...the ambiance great. Not easy to get to, but if you are in Middletown, Ohio, it is worth the time to find.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

At the suggestion of neighbors who are quite knowledgeable about restaurants in the area, we joined them for dinner at The Meadows on a weeknight, and we were not disappointed. Relatively small and not particularly imposing, we had probably driven by the restaurant for years and never taken any notice, but once through the door on a winter night, the dark pine paneling and cozy booths gave it the feeling of a friendly pub with a 1940s décor that, unlike Crackle Barrel, is original. The menu is not extensive, and as our neighbors remarked, would probably benefit from a nightly “special”. But there was an ample selection (6 to 8 items) of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrees. Our party had the salmon, pork chop, and beef tips; each dish was excellent. The portions were large, and the entrees were accompanied by a salad and warm bread; the salad is a standard green salad, with a variety of dressings. For dessert, each couple split a piece of coconut pie, which was delicious and totally worthwhile even if you are stuffed. The server was friendly, attentive, and helpful, and the owner came by during the meal. Given the quality, the prices are fair. The clientele was older, the music was Sinatra, and the seating conducive to conversation. So if you want a quiet and/or romantic night out, this is a great place. The food, at least the dishes we had, is equal or better than what we’ve experienced in the Cincinnati-Dayton region. Definitely will be back.

1  Thank Oxford1809
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We ate there tonight. What an atmosphere. Soft lights, dinner music, great service, food was excellent. New York strip steak surpassed any place around. The rainbow trout was the best I have ever eaten. Definitely will go back!!!! Best kept secret in Middletown.

1  Thank Darlene C
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Hostess/Bartender friendly,server efficient (and nice) food GREAT !..was informed they have prime rib Most Saturdays (probably should call ahead)...have Always loved this ole place

Reviewed 2 October 2015

I returned to Middletown for family reasons and revisited the Meadows one year after my last visit and review, which was shortly after its re-opening. Still a nice selection of creative entrees, reasonably priced. We both had the prime rib and it came in three different weight choices. Perfect medium rare. They have a great selection of traditional side dishes and we tried most of them; all were very good and homemade. Dessert was very good as well. I continue to highly recommend this restaurant as an excellent non-chain dining experience if you are in the area. The hotels at I-75 and SR 122 will give you easy driving directions.

1  Thank Dave S