“Excellent food, lovely surroundings in the dining area”

The Chalet in the Valley
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Millersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Spent the afternoon in Amish country and made apoint to visit the Chalet. We were not disappointed. Excellent food, reasonable prices, quick service, enchanting decor, and very friendly staff who made sure you were well pleased with everything. Loved the giant cuckcoo clock over the stone fire place. Would love to have it in my home, but I don't have enough height on a wall to hang it.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I visited this restaurant with family. I tried schnitzel for the first time. It was really good. The salad bar had a great variety and was fresh. The lettuce was very crispy. I liked the soft pretzel sticks with our meal. They were warm and tasty. Our service was also really great. I would definitely return. Note: Check their website before you go because they are closed in the winter.

2  Thank Mary E
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at the Chalet in the Valley. I had schnitzel and my husband had the unlimited salad and soup bar. I think it was very reasonably priced and we both enjoyed our food a lot. There were some goats outside playing on some boulders which gave us an amusing side show. If we return to the area (and I hope we do), we'll be sure to eat there again.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I visited for lunch for a family gathering. I ordered Jaeger Schnitzel and the Salad Bar. The salad bar was very fresh and had a nice variety of options. The Jeager Schnitzel was very tasty.
We had a great waitress who was very quick and friendly.

1  Thank SuperPoser
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The menu is somewhat different from the traditional Amish menus found in the area. I'm partial to the Swiss-German dishes (spaetzle, red cabbage, etc.) so a visit to Chalet is a treat for me. The Reuben is hard to beat too. Service has always been very professional and friendly. It's across the road from the Guggisberg Cheese Co. You get your fix of Amich buggies since you should see a few on the road.

1  Thank rcubed2