“Authentic German Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have dined here a few times. The dining room, is very clean, bright, with a great view of the pastures and fields. All the dishes are authentic. The chef has been there for years. The prices are reasonable, and you can eat just like you are in Europe. The food there isnt any better than yo can get here.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Delicious food. Prepared well, generous entrees that were not cold. Everything was fresh and crisp on the salad bar. Fast service. Our server refilled our drinks without our having to ask. We enjoyed the music and decor. Almost like Switzerland! We will return on our next trip to Berlin.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is the third time that my husband and I have eaten at the Chalet in the Valley and first time that both of us have eaten at their FANTASTIC Sunday buffet. We loved EVERYTHING and can't say enough about it! We loved the old world German atmosphere and their wonderful and attentive staff. You can tell that this is a restaurant that cares about their customers and takes pride in their restaurant! We were checked on many times by several different people and asked if everything was fine and if we needed anything. On Sundays you can't order from the menu - but believe me - almost everything that they serve is available on the buffet! There is a WONDERFUL salad bar with two kinds of delicious soup (really the best soup that I have every tasted!) and many types of salads and fresh vegetables, etc. My husband commented that he could have made a meal from just the salad bar. Their hot bar is just a feast - there were so many items - I know that I can't name them all - but there was prime rib, pork loin, chicken that was stuffed with cranberries and dressing, mashed potatoes, mashed potatoe casserole that had garlic, cheese, ranch, and bacon, delicious pretzel bread sticks that are to die for!, boneless chicken wings, several other kinds of meats, and other hot items. The buffet also included two kinds of desserts to choose from orange dreamsicle cake and german chocolate cake. We can't quit talking about the wonderful meal/time that we had at the Chalet In The Valley and we will go back there as soon as we can! Their restaurant gets our highest recommendation!

Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to the Chalet. The first was several years ago. It was just as good as I remembered! The atmosphere is very fun & the service is wonderful. The menu is a nice departure from all of the area Amish buffets.
I ordered a grilled chicken bruschetta sandwich on flatbread (8.99) with the salad bar as a side (1.99). The sandwich was delicious & huge. The salad bar is small, but very well stocked with some interesting choices. The soups were nice, too-no boring chicken noodle, potato, or chowders here. The had black bean soup & chicken spaetzle (I had this & it was awesome!).
My friend had some sort of bratwurst or knockwurst platter with sauerkraut & potato salad & her plate was piled high.
We were too full for dessert, but they looked delicious. This is definitely worth the drive!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Spent a weekend in Berlin for our anniversary. Came across this restaurant while visiting the cheese factory across the street. We stopped in for a late lunch. Was a little pricey but well worth it , the food was really good. as a matter of fact we took my parents back the next weekend for lunch. We live 2.5 hours away!!!!!

Been to The Chalet in the Valley? Share your experiences!