“Saturday evening dinner”

Add it.
El Vaquero
Ranked #24 of 94 Restaurants in Pickerington
Reviewed 14 March 2017

After spending the day at the Arnold Fitness Classic my wife was in the mood for some Mexican. We saw this place while turning around to get back the hotel. It was typical Mexican food. It was nothing over the top and the crowd was decent. I would stop again if in the area and looking for Mexican food, but would not go out of the way to go her.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

If I crave Mexican food, I tend to lean towards the chain restaurants because they are always consistent. And they've got good beers on draft!

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I had lived in Austin, Texas for over 20 years. I know the flavors, the spices, the taste. I had tried a few of the Central Ohio Mexican restaurants. "Yankee Mex" hot sauce tastes like ketchup.. sleepy, bland, blah. Then I was invited to the Pickerington El Vaquero. I thought this is gonna be another one. OH Heck NO!! I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas Suizas and everything I was looking for is here!!! I have since had the typical Taco and Burrito and their flavors are just what I have been looking for from the south since I returned back up north. Get the guacamole hand made in front of you so you can control the spice and try a cup of the Azteca soup on a cold winter day to warm you right up! Just right.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Great food, fresh ingredients. Nice twist on standard Mexican food with squash, mushrooms and other fresh vegetables. Posters in the windows that would normally make me turn around because I assume food is pre-packaged and they feature draft beer specials, not good food. We ignored all the posters and hand written notes on the door and went in anyway. Glad we did because the food was great. Service staff was very friendly. Bathrooms....okay....no soap....not cool....but I will return.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Went here a few weeks ago for dinner. For starters place was VERY slow on a Thursday night which was kind of odd. I ordered burritos with some kind of cheese sauce on it. It was just ok but would not order again. Husband had fish tacos which were also just ok. Kids tacos same thing. Had a jumbo margarita which again was ok. Kind of getting pattern? So to sum it up it was OK