“Wow. Serious letdown”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

They must have new ownership as of this winter and whoever made the changes should literally be beaten. This has been a treat that we willingly drive over an hour to several times a year for the Saturday buffet. No more. Completely changed. Several of the choices on the buffet were cold. (Every trip up). The crab is no longer self serve and we ended up standing in a line more than once waiting while the rest of our food got even colder. Absolutely no way this will work in the summer when the place is normally busier. The gift shop moved to where the Food used to be served and is now half the size. The buffet is now located almost a quarter mile away from the seating on the left side of the restaurant. That’s genius. Unbelievably let down and disappointed. And the reward for all these incredibly stupid changes? Almost double the price. NOW $60 F&@king dollars!! People were bonding in the line by complaining about the numerous changes in utter disgust. Nice job new owners. I hope to God it’s new owners because nobody would have a restaurant that good and change it that badly. Thanks for ruining a great tradition...

4  Thank James S

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We have been going here for years and decided on Saturday to take the drive on a beautiful sunny day. We were greeted at the door and taken to our seats. At the counter the hostess mentioned that the buffet was now $60 per person. After driving an hour and looking forward to dinner we weren't going somewhere else. Everything had beef changed around the buffet was now on one end where the gift wins shop had been and seating was all together in one large area. At the buffet there were fewer choices and the crab was no longer self serve. When you went up a staff member pit three sets of crab legs in a bowl for you. We were really disappointed in the food and changes to the facility. There are quite a few places closer to home that have a much better buffet for a lot less money. The number of people in the place was way down and told the tale of what was to come. We loved the old Mon Ami but won't be back they ruined what was a great place.

4  Thank Donald R
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Extremely disappointed with our last trip there, tonight. They have raised the seafood buffet to $60 a person; Ridiculous! They told us they had added scallops and a few others things to the menu and there costs had gone up significantly. There prices may have gone up but there standards have gone way down. The prime rib was bland, most over cooked. The only decent food of any value was the crabs legs, this is the only reason I gave a two stars. Crab legs and banana foster, and the lovely African American gentleman who serves it. He was absolutely the highlight to my evening.

5  Thank Tami G
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Haven’t been here for a few years. My brother in law wanted to have the buffet for his birthday dinner. So we decided to try our luck and see how the wait was. When we got there around 6:00 there was already an hour and a half wait. So we settled for ordering off the menu and were sat right away. Our server Nathan was pretty good. Could have been a little bit more attentive. The drinks were killer. We had the Brussels sprouts for an app and they were slightly under cooked. I had the sea bass and it was delicious. The rice and veggies that came with it were ok, but the fish was perfection. I had some creme brûlée for dessert and it was good as well. Over all an enjoyable evening, just wish they would take reservations.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

What?! No more wristbands for the buffet? I love it!!!! They swapped the buffet and the store and I think it’s excellent!!! I had so much more room. It was always very congested when entering the buffet area. There were people coming in from outside, people waiting and being sat at their table and people waiting to get into the buffet area. Now, there’s tons of room and I feel like Richard has more room to make his magic! My husband said he should get a gold medal for his prime rib slicing, omelet making and waffle making. MJ was our server and Brian helped. They made our wonderful experience even better. Bottom line, I LOVE the changes!! Thank you Mon Ami for continuing to improve an already superb experience!!