“A classic hotel made even better”

Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I had stayed at the Breakers decades ago and remember it being old and run down.

Not any more!

I have stayed there 3 years in a row, and I will stay there every single time I visit Cedar Point!

The remodel was totally worth it as the hotel is now gorgeous and inviting.

The rooms are perfectly decorated and have everything you could want.

The close proximity to the park cannot be beat. The fact that you can leave the park and be back in your room within minutes is a huge bonus.

I cannot say enough about this perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: close to park
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank John D
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for the five-star review and continuing loyalty. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our recent renovation was able to enhance your experience. We value your feedback and can’t wait to see you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This was the fourth year my family stayed at the Breakers Hotel and we enjoyed ourselves as always, both the lovely rooms and the proximity to the park. My only complaint about the room is the absence of a coffee maker in the room. I know there's a Starbucks in the rotunda and I did patronize it, but for the prices we were paying I didn't appreciate having to go to the Starbucks. I don't want to leave my room before I have coffee. Also I like my coffee earlier in the morning and later in the evening than the Starbucks hours. My only other complaint is that it would be nice if there was a piece of furniture that functioned as a desk. My daughter had some homework to do over the weekend and had no place to put her laptop. Other than that, nice play to stay and we plan to go back next year.

Room Tip: Lake views are really nice. If you are in a suite sit on the porch in the morning and watch the sun...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank meg h
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us and submitting your review. We appreciate your loyalty and I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay. We value your feedback both positive and negative and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Went to park for halloweekends stayed at hotel breakers bathroom in hotel room was dirty,specks of dirt on beds ,Starbucks and the little cafe inside were closed the entire time we stayed there went in to park rides were closed we were told the temp had to be 48 degrees or more for rides to open at around 7.30 eight o'clock they started running some rides Very disappointing

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Deana S
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us and submitting your review. I am sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Even with some less than ideal weather conditions, we had an awesome time closing weekend. The proximity to the park allowed us to come back and warm up/nap then return with ease. The staff was all friendly and our Suite was prefect for our needs. The fridge and microwave was a huge help with our toddler.

We look forward to returning in 2018!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank TheRoad2Nowhere

Thank you for the five star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Going to Cedar Point takes a lot of effort and expense on our part since our family travels from Arkansas, Texas and Tennessee. It's a big deal to get to spend time together having fun. We always look forward to our Cedar Point adventures. This year we decided to stay at Breakers. Best decision ever. We walked to the park through a gate located by the hotel. Being able to enter the park an hour early by being a hotel guest adds at least 2 or 3 coaster rides to the day. It's a beautiful hotel with a long history. Can't wait to book another trip to Cedar Point and Breakers. Halloween decorations were awesome!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Vanessa C

Thank you for the five star review. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were able to take advantage of the one hour early entry to Cedar Point that is available to resort guests. We value your feedback and hope to see you back soon.