All reviews continental breakfast room was clean the mexican restaurant minutes from cedar point visit to cedar point short drive the breakfast area mini fridge park lodging
Reviewed 15 July 2016

My biggest thing anywhere I stay is cleanliness. I was worried when I got to my room as the exterior smelled of urine, but my worries were unfounded. The interior of the room was very clean and I was pleased with the updated decor. The staff was friendly and the pool was clean. Continental breakfast was minimal, but good for a snack. Denny's was within walking distances as was Ghostly Manor which is a nice way to spend an evening. The price was the best for any of the Choice hotel options in the area and the location was perfect for our needs. The negatives: Wifi was spotty, at best, really didn't work well for us. Also, only two towels in the room- standard, in my opinion, should be four. No deal breakers here for us! We will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Billy C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate hearing our guests had a pleasant experience at our hotel.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I booked this motel just to basically have somewhere to sleep due to visiting kellys island and taking the Goodtime cruises. We were a little skeptical at first but used it only for sleeping purposes. It's by no means fancy but for the price is a great place to stay if your going out and having a good time and need somewhere to crash. Didn't try the breakfast. The pool was clean and looked refreshing but due to time didn't swim. Staff was friendly although some professionalism is needed. They are renovating so it may seem are little messy but our room was great. We had their new King bed and we slept great. I recommend drinking your own toiletries and towels. Motel is located behind a Mexican restaurant with good reviews and the ghostly Manor amusement center.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Affordable hotel and clean rooms. Friendly staff. The building is a little outdated, but they are in the process of updating. Only problem was the air conditioning did not quite work properly. It was stuck on "eco" and it would not turn on unless the temperature outside was higher even though the room was muggy and warm. I think that once they update the hotel, maybe they will fix this.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

After some cosmetic upgrades (inside and outside) this hotel would be great. The room itself was clean and spacious. Near Sandusky mall and a lot of restaurants. The hotel itself was quite all one floor. About 10 minutes to and from Cedar Point. I liked that due to the fact families were not at the hotel. Would stay again, the staff is very helpful, knowledgeable about the area, and very friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sean L
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed longer at Cedar Point than expected & booked it last minute so we didnt have to drive home that night. We weren't expecting much for the price, just hoped it would be a clean room to grab a couple hours sleep. However upon checkin, we found out it's under new management and has had lots of recent renovations/upgrades. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the room & the staff was wonderful. Obviously, it's no Hotel Breakers... but for the price I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family