Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Ok let’s face it this place is trying to get better. We made reservations ahead for family suite and room was clean no bugs and was on the inside of the building where the registration is. Ask for inside rooms you will not hear trains yes they go thru around 3 am but being in an inside room is much quieter. My suggestion is make sure your stuff is locked in safe when u leave room . There were no problems except for sink not draining. The beds were very firm not the best. But we had microwave and fridge. Cedar point is basically 5 min from here.

1  Thank maries476
Reviewed 17 July 2018

This motel, is very close to Cedar Point Park. This is the one redeeming quality that this location has. This place has seen it's better days about 10 years ago. I asked for a room for 5 adults. I got a room with 2 double beds, and 1 sofa bed.
The room was clean, but the sofa has seen better days, that mattress was very thin. The room was small for 5 adults. It did come with a mini frig, which worked quite well, and the freezer even worked. ( it froze our ice pack over night ) It also had a micro wave and a small safe.
The mattress that I had was like sleeping on a concrete slab. The bathroom was clean, but they could really scrub the bottom of the tub, as it was black in some areas.
Bring your own soap, shampoo, and conditioner as they do not supply any. I had to leave a note asking the house keeping to empty the trash cans, as both were full. I also had to ask for fresh towels, ( no there were no signs about going GREEN )
We did not use the pool, it's out door. I was afraid that the pool might not be taken care of as well. the carpet on the stairs going up to our room, was worn and torn, someone could get hurt on those steps.
Oh the towels are like sand paper. The staff is friendly kind of, a bit of an attitude if you ask for things. Breakfast was hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice, dry cereal and pastry, oh they did have a make your own waffle machine.
I would not stay here again. This place needs a total remodeling and upgrade. Needless to say the wi fi was slow

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This motel was founded by Ray Sawyer and Ed Semmler of Fort Worth, Texas in 1975. Unlike most motel chains, this motel is independently owned and is allowed to use the Budget Host name. I've gotta hand it to these people who run this place. They've kept it in the original condition for over 40 years! It's truly a historic Motel Time Capsule! Unbelievable! We stayed in Room #252 the first week of July in 2018. Ironically, I stayed in this very same room when I was ten years old on a trip to Cedar Point in 1982. I have pictures to prove it! The Mulberry tree outside our window was just a little bush in my family's photo decades ago! Do I feel old or what? They even have the same picture hanging on the wall for crying out loud! Can you believe that? Same fixtures and lighting too! And the bathroom bulb still flickers! I can still hear my father complaining about that light over the sink. "I can't see my reflection!" I believe the comforter on the beds might even be the same too, but I can't tell from the pictures on mom's old Kodak 126 Instamatic 50 camera. Green or brown? Same design though. Simply amazing! This room even features a telephone book! Get outta here! A telephone book! I'll tell you what.... if Ray and Ed could see this place now they'd be so proud and shocked at the same time! If you're looking to add some funny memories at Cedar Point, this is it! They have a nice pool! I even did a cannonball into it just for old time sake! I would have given this place an extra star, but breakfast was a disappointment. Who really cares though, right? I'm a Kellogg's Frosted Flakes guy myself.

2  Thank Dan t
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I got the two beds and pull out couch because it’s 3 of us and I wanted one bed for each of us
For around $100 a night there is a pool ok breakfast
It’s decent and convenient
But I will not stay again

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Booked three rooms, you would think they would be next to each other. Nope, two rooms in between each other. The parking lot is empty yet they don’t have any other rooms available. The telephones in two rooms don’t work. Room smells, there is a one inch gap under the door. Don’t bother complaining, customer service sucks.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank thomaseI9691YR