“Awarded best DUMP by me”

Best Budget Inn Sandusky
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We had two "non smoking" rooms reserved. After a long day at Cedar Point we checked into our rooms. One had two beds and was what would be expected for a place in this price range.

The second room had one room with a bed and a second room with three beds. As we walking in the door the odor overcame us. Walking in the floor had holes with rotten floor boards. If not for the carpet you would fall thur. The bathroom door would open half way then you had to force it over the bump in the floor. Black mold was on nearly every wall. One section of wall covering near the window fell off because of the mold growing behind it. When I turned back the bed I fould sheets that had many wrinkles as if someone had slept on it and was not replace with clean. The sheet had 3 cigerette burns on it and this was a "non smoking room". The best had a very strong ordor of urine.

The breakfeast was small filled pastries that were not fresh. I even notice a hole in the covering of a chair in the lobby.

I have worked consturction and will say I have stayed in some dumps but this is the top of the list and I would NEVER stay there again. When the staff was told our concerns she said if we were to stay another night she would move us into another room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2009

After 3 days of staying at the Rodeway Inn nearest Cedar Point, my girlfriend and I decided to find a new place because, quite frankly, we didn't think it could get worse than that. Well, this place found a way to do it. The place smells of funk, the pool was one of the dirtiest I have ever encountered and the best part- while we were away at Cedar Point for a day, the hotel's room service (which is legitimately 10-12 year old girls) removed our dirty towels, didn't replace them, didn't remake our beds, and went through our belongings and stole my girlfriend's perfume. If they stole other things from us we aren't sure yet. The manager of the hotel took a didn't care attitude about our plight and showed us some fine print that was signed upon check-in that they can't refund the price of our room for such an occurance. So if you want to pay $50 a night for a foul smelling, horribly serviced hotel that allows pre-teen girls to go through your things and steal them while you aren't in your room- Best Budget Inn is the place for you!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We knew when I booked our reservations that it was no Hilton or anything,so we knew not to expect everything to be perfect there. I'm guessing that's why I had no problem with the hotel. The staff were great,very accomadating for being there(we had the same front desk clerk when we checked IN & OUT,so we just assumed that she'd been there the whole time).The room was average. The hotel itself didn't look too shabby,& I would for sure stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank playfuldaisy
Reviewed 20 October 2008

The most disgusting hotel/homeless shelter I have ever stayed in. If it wasn't 2am and we hadn't been so exhausted, we would have kept drivng but there were no other vacancies. The carpet had ground in glitter and bobby pins. The counters in the bathroom were crusted with goo. The bathtub was covered in pubes. There were literally pimps and hoes fighting downstairs all night, screaming at the top of their lungs. Even though there were two beds, my friend and I slept in the same bed fully clothed with our hoods pulled up so we wouldn't get lice. We stacked chairs and tables up against the door to keep out the hookers. Horrible.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rollingstone1925
Reviewed 20 October 2008

When we arrived, we had to wait at the desk for a long time to be helped and the lobby was really dirty and smelled bad. We finally got checked in and went to our room. The hallway was also dirty and smelled of urine and other foul things. When we got to our room the door would not open. We informed the staff and they said that they would help us. We waited for 45 minutes for them to respond to assist. We ended up having to go to another room. After we got in the room it was acceptable....cleaner than the hallway but certainly not super clean......the place is cheap and convenient to Cedar Point.....if you don't mind filth and bad service you might consider staying here....we won't stay here again....

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends