US$133
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
US$180
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$259
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$179
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$179
3,969 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoopizzazip linehut roomfull kitchennomad roomcandy hutpetting zoowave poolconvention centerflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteoutdoor parkivory coastvillage suite
Reviewed 13 December 2017

When we pulled into the main entrance to check in, we were directed to another location, the Sands entrance. I left my family in the van thinking I was just going to run in and check in real quick and I walked inside and noticed a line going around to the hall way. So I got in line, and it wasn't moving! There was only one person checking everyone in, and the line moved very slowly. Everyone was complaining but they didn't send anyone to help the poor guy who was the only one at the register. It took at least 45 minutes to check in. We got there around 4pm which is check in time, why are you sending people to an entrance where there is only one register open? It was packed in the little hall way. That already ruined my mood for the night. So we went to the waterpark, got back late and were all ready for bed after our showers. My son was going to sleep on the pull out sofa and I always check the beds before anyone lays down and this couch was disgusting. The sheets had grease stains on them with rips and a hole. There was also sequin from someone's clothes on there, and hair all over the white mattress cover under the sheet. It was so gross and I called and complained. Good thing is that they sent someone to change our sheets. For as much money as this place charges these things should not happen at all. Also, I wanted to make coffee in the room because I didn't want to pay for an overpriced coffee but the coffee maker was dirty. It still had a ring of coffee on the bottom of it so I went to the cafe... I probably could have just washed the coffee pot I guess. I will add photos of the sheets when I get them off my phone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Julia,

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with aspects of your recent stay. While check-in begins at 4:00 p.m., you are welcome to come as early as noon to enjoy the waterpark. I apologize if this was not communicated to you prior to your stay. Also, your experience with the pullout couch is not up to our high Kalahari standard. I am glad to know our team was able to rectify the issue during your stay. I can assure you these things do not reflect the typical Kalahari experience and hope you will give us another chance to show you the Kalahari experience you not only expect, but also deserve.

Kassie

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Didn't stay over night, but attended this resort/convention center for one day event. Beautiful facility with ample amount of space to spread out. Hallways between conference rooms are large enough to be able have a social hour out in the hallway prior to our main event. Heard nothing but positive reviews from several of my co workers who stay the night.
Only recommend that you bring your own soda/drinks. I know that it is a resort but 3 dollars for 12 oz can of Sprite is kind of ridiculous.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This was the best weekend getaway my family has ever been on. We had a combination room for two nights and three days. We are a big family with three boys aging 4,8,10 and our daughter and her friend 15,16 which made seven of us with my husband and I. Check in was a breeze and I was truly impressed with our room. I had brought a lot of dishes not believing there would be much, yet the kitchen was stocked even had a pizza cutter!!!! The rooms were clean and the kids loved the bar stools so while I cooked they could snack and talk to me and the big table was perfect for us to all gather around. With so many people there was plenty of room for all of us. The water park was more than any of us could have asked for. They really do cater to all ages the older girls had a blast on all the thrill slides and so did the 8 and 10 yr old boys though they tended to stay on the smaller ones. My four year old was in love with the wave pool, I mean in love with it! He never wanted to get out, and I have to say we hit a mild stone with him as well because this was the first time he was actually swimming not just floating around. The food was pricey so I'm grateful we got a room with the kitchen it really saved us in the long run. But what I think made this experience just absolutely amazing was the staff, everyone was so kind and attentive. They were great with the kids and the lifeguards on the slides were funny and had great personality's which only made the slides better. House keeping came and emptied our trash, gave us fresh towels and were really nice. When ever I called for more towels or soap for the dishes they would bring it right up and always asked if we needed anything else. I really wanted a picture of everyone in a Kalahari t shirt but figured it would bankrupt me yet not bad at all for 7 t shirts in 7 different colors was a hundred dollars.
I was thinking they would be at least 20 a piece, just another pleasant surprise. And the picture turned out perfect. We have been to other water park hotels before including castaway bay, Maui sands, and MT. Olympus. Yet this is now our favorite we cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: may want to ask for room close to water park
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

We appreciate your amazing review! We love hearing that everyone had a great time, that's what we strive for, helping each family that stays with us to create memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you for being our guest, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I wanted to let everyone know what a terrible experience I had. I even contacted the customer service three times, but no response. Someone had emailed me from their customer service department to see if someone had reached out to me, and then never heard another response. We rented a suite for my sister's birthday. The pull out sofa bed had dirty sheets and hair inside of it. The bath tub had caulking that looked like it was moldy. The sliding door to the outside of the hotel never locked. We did not have enough linens. The pool restrooms were so filthy. ONe of the lifeguards was chewing on his nails and throwing them in the pool. I tried to make the management team aware of these issues. After going many times, we will never go back to this location ever.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank chloejackie82

This is very disappointing to read. This is certainly to not our standards. I would like to look into this further if you would kindly email me at OHConnect@KalahariResorts.com. Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Overall a great experience, but be prepared to open your wallets. Both my kids - 2 and 4.5 - had a blast. Enough to entertain both in the water park and the arcade. Lifeguards always visible. Limited in-house restaurant options during the week, but next time I plan to bring more food from home to save money. Room was clean, staff members were polite. Ivory Coast Restaurant was reasonably priced for amount of food on the plates.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi Lisa! Thanks for sharing your recent experience with us! I'm happy to hear everyone enjoyed themselves. When planning your next trip with us, look into some of our packages, some include food & beverage credits one that may possible be a good fit for you & your family is the Choose Your Kalahari Adventure you are able to choose activities, food or spa credits! We look forward to seeing you again soon!