4,110 results
All reviews the reserve zip line great karoo full kitchen nomad room candy hut wave pool animal park water park african queen suite ivory coast outdoor park village suite pizza flow rider swim up bar ropes course
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Tiffany and Alfreda were amazing. Alfreda was our hostess, and she was great! She told us about Tiffany, and we were far from disappointed! Those women were amazing, and the burgers were to die for. I got the double cheddar, and washed it down with a few IPAs. The beer is great, and the staff is better! Thanks Freda and Tiffany! You women were great!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Inspiration752372
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We are a family of 7 and there is something for everyone at Kalahari. The water park is amazing and always improving, the food is excellent with reasonable prices and the staff are very attentive. I have also noticed how vigilant the life guards are at keeping watch over their guests because safety is a priority.

We upgraded our room to the combination suite, which I plan to do every time because the extra space was wonderful. The suite was gorgeous and it allowed the kids to play board games long after the water park closed while providing me a place to sleep away from the noise. Having a full kitchen was a nice added feature that I will put to use on our next visit if we stay more than 1 night.

Theresa (Terry) and Laura at the Ivory Coast made wonderful drinks for us and went out their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Kimberly at the spa did an excellent job with my body scrub. If you go to the spa, go early to put their relaxation area to use. They offer comfortable lounge chairs, soft robes, slippers, coffee, water and tea while you wait. Perfect for unwinding.

As a mom I do hate that there are adult pay per view options in the room with explicit photos and titles. When we called the desk to block these options, which is what you are encouraged to do, the staff were not trained on how to handle this. Adult features should be blocked automatically if you have children with you and only added if requested. Making money should not always take first priority.

We look forward to returning!

Room tip: Let the bellhop take your bags to hold until you are ready to leave the resort. I am never lugging my bags out at checkout again.
1  Thank flowerandkevin
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I'm currently laying in bed at 8:26am, and the septic system is being serviced literally right outside my window. It sounds like a rocket is taking off, and it's been going on since 8am. I realize this is an important part of keeping the hotel running, but the resort is only about half full. There shouldn't be anyone in this part of the building. If only I could post a video so you could hear how loud it is.

My first impression walking into the room was that it is kind of dumpy. The room is dark, and desperately needs a refresh. We were put in a room on level 1, one level below the lobby, and I very much feels like a dungeon. Add to that the the septic truck outside my window, and the room/stay has been completely underwhelming.

Thankfully it's not all bad. The bed was quite comfortable, and I slept well until the the work started going on outside the window. I found the staff to be very friendly, thus 2 stars in the review. I did call the front desk with my complaint, and they're pushing our checkout time to noon and we're apologetic. I got the impression my call was not the first they received.

This is my second time staying at the resort, and it will most likely be my last unless I have a conference here or something. Both times the stay itself has been rather underwhelming.

Please note, this review is for my room at the resort, NOT the water park itself. I've been very impressed with the water park in the past, and I expect it will be great again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kassie R, other at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Our resort management team saw your review over the weekend and reached out to rectify this situation while you were staying with us. We take your concerns extremely seriously, and want you to have the best stay possible with us. If there are any further concerns please email OHConnect@kalahariresorts.com.

Kassie

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We are a family of 7 with kids ranging from 13 yrs down to 5 months. We stayed 4 days and 4 nights and Kalahari exceeded expectations. One example is that the sofa bed had an issue and the staff was very quick to address and opened up the room next door at no additional cost for the inconvenience. That was huge for them to do that and respond so quickly! Outside of that, the customer service and staff are way above average from the cleaning crew to the life guards. We will be back one day. Food was really good as well. Be prepared to spend money when you are here but having everything under one very large resort roof was worth every penny.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Hotel was excellent, nice friendly people lots of things to do especially enjoyed inside water park. Joe Rowe at Zulu Grill assisted my family with dinner. All seven of us agree the food was good and the service was prompt. We will return in the summer. Overall great!

Room tip: Queen Safari room, beautiful kitchen, fireplace balcony